Plot – Lucas is a 14-year-old boy who is constantly picked on by older schoolmates. He is trying to be accepted by the other schoolmates by suffering passively. He is also trying to get onto the school football team. He befriends a new girl in town, Maggie, and falls for her, but Maggie instead has a crush on Cappie, who plays on the football team with Lucas and is dating Alise.
All actors – Corey Haim, Kerri Green, Charlie Sheen, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Winona Ryder, Tom Hodges, Ciro Poppiti, Guy Boyd, Jeremy Piven, Kevin Wixted, Emily Seltzer, Erika Leighshow all
“Lucas” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Maggie: You could have gotten killed.
- Lucas: Did we win?
- Maggie: No way.
- Lucas: Boy. They sure were big.
- Maggie: I don't want you ever playing football again.”
“Just because you don't approve of something doesn't mean other people don't have a right to enjoy it.”
“- Maggie: Why do they call you leukoplakia? Does it mean something?
- Lucas: Leukoplakia is cancer of the mouth.”
“They say that aggression is an expression of sexual feeling.”
“- Maggie: I don't know, Lucas. There are certain people you like in a certain way, and others you like as a friend. I don't know why. You know about science, do you know why?
- Lucas: Actually, I do. It's called the process of natural selection. You ever heard of Darwin? The males who demonstrate physical prowess are the most attractive to the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cappie: I'm just being nice to her.
- Alise: Stop being nice to her! I don't want you talking to her anymore, I don't want to turn around and see you walking with her and smiling at her. I don't want her in this car on Friday night. We're not giving her any ride to any goddamn dance, she can put her fat ass on the back of Lucas's bike where it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maggie: You know how wonderful you are?
- Lucas: Yeah, but it doesn't turn you on, does it?
- Maggie: I want you to be my friend.”
“- Lucas: Did you think we'd be such good friends when we first met?
- Maggie: I don't know.
- Lucas: What did you think of me?
- Maggie: I thought you were interesting.
- Lucas: I thought you were beautiful.”
“- Lucas: Just give me one chance. One play.
- Coach: Get out of here, I said. Get off of the field.
- Lucas: I'll make you a deal. You have nothing to lose. They're whipping your ass, anyway.
- Coach: Listen to me...
- Lucas: Put me in, I'll never come back, I swear. Just let me play today. You have nothing to lose, just let me in.”
“If you're so depressed, how come you're eating pizza?”
“- Cappie: I was out with this terrible case of hepatitis for a couple months. And he came by my house everyday and brought my books to me. I still don't know why he did.
- Maggie: Because you're nice to him.
- Cappie: I didn't used to be. I used to treat him like everybody else does.
- Maggie: Why do people do that?
- Cappie: I don't know,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alise: You think I'm stupid or what? You think I can't see?
- Cappie: No, I don't think you're stupid. But I think you're overreacting.
- Alise: Every time I turn around, you're walking with her or talking with her or looking at her or smiling at her.”
“- Coach: We got our first game this Saturday against Rockford and I don't have time to dick around with you.
- Lucas: I'm afraid you'll have to, sir... dick around with me. The Supreme Court, by virtue of the sexual discrimination act says, that if anyone tries out for a team sport has to be given the same chance as everyone else. Now, if you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cappie: Are you interested in being kissed?
- Maggie: Yes.”
“I'll do what I can to keep him from getting hurt.”