“Staying Together” quotes(1989)
All actors – Sean Astin, Stockard Channing, Melinda Dillon, Jim Haynie, Levon Helm, Dinah Manoff, Dermot Mulroney, Tim Quill, Keith Szarabajka, Daphne Zuniga, Sheila Kelley, Ryan Hillshow all
“Staying Together” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Beverly Young: Are you coming to my wedding?
- Kit McDermott: Oh, I don't... I don't have anything to wear.
- Beverly Young: That's okay.
- Kit McDermott: You mean I don't have to wear anything?”
“- Kit McDermott: How do I look?
- Duncan McDermott: Like shit. Go get her.”
“Act young, stay young - that's my philosophy.”
“Lois, I'm hurting. I am burning. I have this erection. It is so big it's like one of those Thanksgiving Day balloons. If I don't do something about it soon - bang! - I'll be left without a dick for the rest of my life! I'm only seventeen!”
“You know, I've been thinkin' about that erection of yours. Are you, um, doing anything with it, say around eleven o'clock tonight? You know where I live? Bring it by.”
"Fuck you" isn't such a bad thing to say to somebody. I mean, it's kind of sweet. It's like saying, "I love you", only it's more... hip.
“Has anybody ever asked yourself why your old man doesn't eat eggs? Because they come from chickens, and if there's one thing I hate more than eggs, it is chickens. Twenty-five years I sold chickens. My whole life, one way or another, has been about chickens, and I hate 'em! They're filthy, they're stupid, they're rats with a good reputation.”
“If you don't eat in June, you'll be dead in July.”
“The boy who wouldn't speak to his father is a good bit. You do it really well, but the prodigal son is good, too. Check it out. I can't speak for the others, but I wouldn't mind seeing your stupid face once in a while.”
“- Nancy Trainer: Is that all you're ever gonna want from me is sex?
- Brian McDermott: Yeah. Why, what do you want from me?
- Nancy Trainer: Your vote.”
“There are no small towns, just small people.”
“- Brian McDermott: Dump me but don't bullshit me.
- Nancy Trainer: I didn't know I'd actually win. I thought it was just a dry run.
- Brian McDermott: Or you would have dumped me a long tome ago, right? Because it wouldn't look so good for the mayor to be seen out robbin' the cradle.”