“The Dead Zone” quotes(1983)
Plot – School's lessons are over and young teacher Johnny Smith is driving home his girlfriend Sarah. On the way home the rain is so heavy that Johnny swoops on a tanker crush. He has a serious trauma and goes in a deep coma for five years. When he awakens, everything is changed. He has lost his job and Sarah has married. Johnny recovers gradually but soon he discovers he has acquired supernatural powers. He can predict future events.
All actors – Christopher Walken, Brooke Adams, Tom Skerritt, Herbert Lom, Anthony Zerbe, Colleen Dewhurst, Martin Sheen, Nicholas Campbell, Sean Sullivan, Jackie Burroughs, Géza Kovács, Roberta Weissshow all
“The Dead Zone” Quotes 12 quotes
“You are either in possession of a very new human ability... or a very old one.”
“Let's send Greg Stillson to the United States Senate - and mediocrity to hell!”
“- Sarah Bracknell: You're looking good.
- Johnny Smith: Yeah, it's called the coma diet - lose weight while ya sleep.”
“- Greg Stillson: Put your hand on the scanning screen, and you'll go down in history with me!
- Five Star General: As what? The world's greatest mass murderers?
- Greg Stillson: You cowardly bastard! You're not the voice of the people, I am the voice of the people! The people speak through me, not you!”
"Bless me"? Do you know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheeled truck at me and bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless... Blessed me? God's been a real sport to me!
- Dr. Sam Weizak: Don't you see how clear it is? Not only can you see the future, you can...
- Johnny Smith: I can change it.
- Dr. Sam Weizak: You can change it, exactly. Here. Yes, John. That is your... your "dead zone". The possibility of altering the outcome of your premonitions. It's fascinating.
“- Johnny Smith: Your father says there's something wrong with you, he wants me to bring you out of your shell. I don't know what to do.
- Chris Stuart: You don't have to do anything. It's my dad that lives in a shell, not me.”
- Johnny Smith: It reminds me of a line from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", the last story I read to my class before... the accident. Ichabod Crane disappears... the line goes: "As he was a bachelor, and in nobody's debt, nobody troubled their head about him anymore".
- Sarah Bracknell: Is that what you feel?
- Johnny Smith: Is what I want...... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sarah Bracknell: I never should have let you go.
- Johnny Smith: It was my idea. What a jerk.”