Greg Kinnear quotes
“Melvin, do you know where you're lucky? You know who you want.”
“Cat lovers turn into cat collectors.”
“I have this kind of crazy philosophy that your grades should represent your grasp of the material and not your negotiating skills - which are amazing, by the way.”
“- April Mercedes: Can I ask you a personal question?
- Walt Tenor: Nine inches.”
“- Interviewer: You've been married to your high school sweetheart for sixteen years. What's your secret?
- Bob Crane: Three words: don't make waves. As every sailor knows, when one set of waves meets another set of waves, it can set up some chop. And when three sets of waves come together, it can make for some mighty rough sailing. It also helps...” (continue)(continue reading)
He started hitting me and beat me unconscious, he taught me a lesson he thought I'd never forget, he knew what I was even before I did, the morning I left for college he walked into my room and held out his hand and it was filled with money, a big sweaty wad of money and he said: "Take this and I don't want you ever to come back", I grabbed him... (continue)(continue reading)
“Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes it makes you love them more.”
“- Rob: Do you want to come back to my...
- Kate: Yes. Absolutely!
- Rob: Wow. Okay! Just to be clear, I was going to say my place...
- Kate: Uh-huh. I'm 37. I know how this works.”
“- David Larrabee: When you guys meet her, just try to make me look good. I mean I know I look good, but, you know, try to make me, you know, sound good. Mention my accomplishments, my qualities.
[earnest look from Linus]
- David Larrabee: You can be creative.
[another earnest look]
- David Larrabee: Lie, okay?”
“- Melvin Udall: I can't get back to my old life. She's evicted me from my life!
- Simon Bishop: Did you really like it all that much?”
“There are two kinds of people in this world, there's winners and there's losers. Okay, you know what the difference is? Winners don't give up.”
“- Will Blakelee: Excuse me sir, could you tell me what's going on?
- Steve Miller: That would require my understanding of how the female brain works, which I don't, but if you'd like to come in and be clueless together, you're more than welcome.”
“I find fear is a great motivator to work hard.”
“A man always looks good in a dark suit.”
“The tragic element of a character is always intriguing I think.”
“- Melvin Udall: Can I ask you a personal question?
- Simon Bishop: Sure.
- Melvin Udall: You ever get an erection over a woman?”
“- Linus Larrabee: [to David] And you didn't see her before she left? You didn't talk to her?
- David Larrabee: Oh, sure, I said goodbye, and I think I wished her luck. Maybe not. I told her I felt kind of funnyaccepting my brother's hand-me-downs ... and I said don't take it personally, and you've always been generous to your women in the past,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is just another part of our terrific summer. Not one of the better parts I admit.”
“- David Larrabee: She's a real woman, not a, you know.
- Linus Larrabee: Transvestite.
- David Larrabee: No, she's not a bimbo. ”