Cate Blanchett quotes
“Just when it can't get any worse, you run out of cigarettes.”
“Some of us were just born different.”
“Sometimes fear is the only intelligent response, don't you think?”
“Say something, or I shall get bored. And when I get bored, I get hungry!”
“I am the jungle's eyes. I can see the past, and the future. It is I, Kaa, who witnessed the coming of man. And the jungle trying to survive. I saw chaos and darkness come to our lands. I saw the tiger, Shere Khan, killing man, and breaking the jungle's ancient law. And then, one fateful night, I saw the jungle place its hopes into the hands of a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think we can all agree, Mowgli, that you are something the jungle has never seen before.”
“- Fred Haymes: Why don´t you seat?
- Carol Aird: Why is it people think you take better bad news if you´re sitting down?”
“- Captain: [to Cinderella] Miss. You are requested and required to present yourself to your king.
- Lady Tremaine: I forbid you to do this!
- Captain: And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?”
“They hope to God the truth gets lost in the scrum!”
“Good soldiers dying for nothing all because they couldn't see the future.”
“- Lady Tremaine: [pointing to Ella's breakfast plate] Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?
- Cinderella: [smiles] It's my place.
- Lady Tremaine: Oh, it seems too much to expect you to prepare breakfast, serve it and to sit with us. Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella? Or should I say, Cinderella? Hmm?”
“- Carol Aird: Harge and I never spend New Year's Eve together. There's always a business function, always clients to entertain.
- Therese Belivet: I've always spent it alone. In crowds.”
“- Thor: It's not possible.
- Hela: Darling, you have no idea what's possible.”
“I'm not a queen, or a monster... I'm the godess of death! What were you the god of, again?”
“- Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester: You will be Elizabeth, Queen of England. A court to worship you, a country to obey you, poems written celebrating your beauty, music composed in your honor, and they will mean nothing to you. I will mean nothing to you.
- Elizabeth I: How could you ever be nothing to me? You know you are everything to me.”
“- Hela: Odin and I drowned entire civilizations in blood and tears. Where do you think all this gold came from? And then one day he decided to become a benevolent king. To foster peace, to protect life. To have you.
- Thor: I understand why you're angry. And you are my sister, and technically have a claim to the throne. And believe me, I would...” (continue)(continue reading)