Cate Blanchett quotes
“Just when it can't get any worse, you run out of cigarettes.”
“- Hela: It's come to my attention that you don't know who I am. I am Hela. Odin's firstborn. Commander of the legions of Asgard. The rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death. My father is dead. As are the princes. You're welcome. We were once the seat of absolute power in the cosmos. Our supremacy was unchallenged. Yet Odin stopped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My angel, flung out of space...”
“ I really liked you, and I despise most people.”
“A spoonful of Xanax makes the medicine go down, right?”
“Some of us were just born different.”
“Sometimes fear is the only intelligent response, don't you think?”
“Say something, or I shall get bored. And when I get bored, I get hungry!”
“I am the jungle's eyes. I can see the past, and the future. It is I, Kaa, who witnessed the coming of man. And the jungle trying to survive. I saw chaos and darkness come to our lands. I saw the tiger, Shere Khan, killing man, and breaking the jungle's ancient law. And then, one fateful night, I saw the jungle place its hopes into the hands of a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think we can all agree, Mowgli, that you are something the jungle has never seen before.”
“- Fred Haymes: Why don´t you seat?
- Carol Aird: Why is it people think you take better bad news if you´re sitting down?”
“- Captain: [to Cinderella] Miss. You are requested and required to present yourself to your king.
- Lady Tremaine: I forbid you to do this!
- Captain: And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?”
“They hope to God the truth gets lost in the scrum!”
“Good soldiers dying for nothing all because they couldn't see the future.”
“- Lady Tremaine: [pointing to Ella's breakfast plate] Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?
- Cinderella: [smiles] It's my place.
- Lady Tremaine: Oh, it seems too much to expect you to prepare breakfast, serve it and to sit with us. Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella? Or should I say, Cinderella? Hmm?”
“- Carol Aird: Harge and I never spend New Year's Eve together. There's always a business function, always clients to entertain.
- Therese Belivet: I've always spent it alone. In crowds.”