“With Honors” quotes(1994)
Plot – Near-graduate at Harvard, Monty Kessler stumbles in the snow and sprains an ankle, losing the envelope with the precious sheets of the thesis, which fall in the boiler room. Here there's a beggar - Simon Wilder - who refuses to return the envelope and so gets arrested. Simon hides the thesis and Monty pays the bail to get it back. He offers Simon also an accommodation in a van parked in front of where he lives and, after many vicissitudes, the two talk to each other. During the Christmas holidays Simon dies and Monty follows his advice changing his thesis, beginning an affair with Courtney and graduating brilliantly.
All actors – Joe Pesci, Brendan Fraser, Moira Kelly, Patrick Dempsey, Josh Hamilton, Gore Vidal, Deborah Lake Fortson, Marshall Hambro, Melinda Chilton, Harve Kolzow, James Deuter, Caroline Gibson, M. Lynda Robinson, Richard Auguste, Patricia B. Butcher, Mary Seibel, Mara Brock Akil, Clebert Ford, William Ashby King, Frank J. Tieri, Shanesia Davis-Williams, Rick Le Fevour, Sunshine H. Hernandez, Monica Rochman, Kurt Clauss, Claudia Haro, Daniel Blinkoff, Holly Wenz-Nolan, Richard Bednar, Heidi Bower, Curt Clendenin, Ed Cray, Greg Kohout, Lance Norris, Regina Prokop, Keith Schrader, Katie Wahlquistshow all
“With Honors” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jeffrey Hawks: Holy Shit!
- Simon Wilder: You think so? Looks like the regular garden variety to me.”
“Winners forget they're in a race, they just love to run.”
“- Courtney Blumenthal: Hey Everett, can I borrow a condom?
- Everett Calloway: No, but you can have one.”
“- Courtney Blumenthal: What are you doing?
- Montgomery 'Monty' Kessler: I'm ending our friendship.”
“- Everett Calloway: You're a mechanic?
- Simon Wilder: No, I'm a Zen Buddhist, but that's close enough.”
“I'm a bum. But I'm a Harvard bum.”
“They're perfect. Don't matter if they're skinny, fat, blond or blue. If a woman is willing to give you her love, Harvard, it's the greatest gift in the world. Makes you taller, makes you smarter, makes your teeth shine. Boy, oh, boy, women are perfect.”
“- Simon Wilder: How many bottles of that wine would you be willing to give me to fix it?
- Everett Calloway: To get this thing running? Six.
- Simon Wilder: Eight.
- Everett Calloway: Seven.
- Simon Wilder: Eight.
- Everett Calloway: Okay, nine, but that's my final offer.
- Simon Wilder: Didn't you used to run a saving and loan?”