Impulse quotes19 impulse quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Mrs. Cromwell: You've killed him!
- Capt. Gavin Stewart: Yes, he was going to kill me. And you. Things like that tend to make me impulsive.”
“- Akeelah: Why'd you do that?
- Javier: I had an impulse. Are you gonna sue me for sexual harassment?”
“- Scott Daniels: You're programming yourself just like a computer.
- Sarah: Well, what's wrong with that?
- Scott Daniels: Nothing, if you happen to be a computer. You're a real, live human being.
- Sarah: So?
- Scott Daniels: So follow your impulses once in a while. Be human.”
“- Homer Simpson: Hey, Marge. Isn't it great being married to someone who's recklessly impulsive?
- Marge Simpson: Actually, it's aged me horribly.”
“- Elinor Dashwood: The sooner she becomes acquainted with the ways of the world, the better.
- Colonel Brandon: I knew a lady very like your sister - the same impulsive sweetness of temper - who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world. The result was only ruination and despair. Do not desire it, Miss Dashwood.”
“Do these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?”
“- Lytton Strachey: I tend to be impulsive in these matters like the time I asked Virginia Woolf to marry me.
- Dora Carrington: She turned you down?
- Lytton Strachey: No, she accepted. It was ghastly.”
“You know as well as I do decisions made in real time are never perfect.”
“I had a mad impulse to throw you down on the lunar surface and commit interstellar perversion.”
“- Jesse: I have an admittedly insaneidea, but if I don't ask you this it's just, uh, you know, it's gonna haunt me the rest of my life.
- Celine: What?
- Jesse: Um... I want to keep talking to you, y'know. I have no idea what your situation is, but, uh, but I feel like we have some kind of, uh, connection. Right?
- Celine: Yeah, me too.”
“- Paula Olsen: Turn that thing off! What the hell do you think you're doin'? She's never heard music before.
- Jerome Lovell: Hey! Sometimes people just do things! It's called impulse. Try it some time.
- Paula Olsen: It's called doin' what you want when you want to, and not giving a shit about anybody else! I grew out of it by the age of six!”
“I do things without thinking. Later I understand. I never plan ahead.”
“Love, as it exists in society, is merely the mingling of two whims and the contact of two skins.”