Impulse quotes19 impulse quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: The Sea Wolves
“- Mrs. Cromwell: You've killed him!
- Capt. Gavin Stewart: Yes, he was going to kill me. And you. Things like that tend to make me impulsive.”
- From the movie: Akeelah and the Bee
“- Akeelah: Why'd you do that?
- Javier: I had an impulse. Are you gonna sue me for sexual harassment?”
- From the movie: Batman Forever
- From the movie: The Beach Girls
“- Scott Daniels: You're programming yourself just like a computer.
- Sarah: Well, what's wrong with that?
- Scott Daniels: Nothing, if you happen to be a computer. You're a real, live human being.
- Sarah: So?
- Scott Daniels: So follow your impulses once in a while. Be human.”
- From the animation: The Simpsons Movie
“- Homer Simpson: Hey, Marge. Isn't it great being married to someone who's recklessly impulsive?
- Marge Simpson: Actually, it's aged me horribly.”
- From the movie: Sense and Sensibility
“- Elinor Dashwood: The sooner she becomes acquainted with the ways of the world, the better.
- Colonel Brandon: I knew a lady very like your sister - the same impulsive sweetness of temper - who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world. The result was only ruination and despair. Do not desire it, Miss Dashwood.”
- From the movie: Pride & Prejudice
“Do these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?”
- From the movie: Carrington
“- Lytton Strachey: I tend to be impulsive in these matters like the time I asked Virginia Woolf to marry me.
- Dora Carrington: She turned you down?
- Lytton Strachey: No, she accepted. It was ghastly.”
- From the movie: The Bourne Ultimatum
“You know as well as I do decisions made in real time are never perfect.”
- From the movie: Resident Evil
- From the movie: Manhattan
“I had a mad impulse to throw you down on the lunar surface and commit interstellar perversion.”
- From the movie: Before Sunrise
“- Jesse: I have an admittedly insaneidea, but if I don't ask you this it's just, uh, you know, it's gonna haunt me the rest of my life.
- Celine: What?
- Jesse: Um... I want to keep talking to you, y'know. I have no idea what your situation is, but, uh, but I feel like we have some kind of, uh, connection. Right?
- Celine: Yeah, me too.”
- From the movie: Nell
“- Paula Olsen: Turn that thing off! What the hell do you think you're doin'? She's never heard music before.
- Jerome Lovell: Hey! Sometimes people just do things! It's called impulse. Try it some time.
- Paula Olsen: It's called doin' what you want when you want to, and not giving a shit about anybody else! I grew out of it by the age of six!”
- From the movie: The Peacemaker
“- Dr. Julia Kelly: You will not take action without authorization.
- Lt. Col. Thomas Devoe: What do you think I am, some gung-ho, stupid son of a bitch?
- Dr. Julia Kelly: No, I don't think you're stupid. I think you're a talented soldier with sloppy impulse control.”
- From the movie: Coup De Torchon
“I do things without thinking. Later I understand. I never plan ahead.”
- From the movie: The Matrix
- From the movie: The Howling
- From the movie: The Rules of the Game
“Love, as it exists in society, is merely the mingling of two whims and the contact of two skins.”