“Ma'am, I'm never gonna be an English teacher. But I know why I'm here: to be a pilot. And you don't dogfight with manuals. You don't fly with gauges. I mean, it's all about feeling and speed, and lettin' that plane become like a part of your body. And that manual says that a guy who's a slow reader can't be a good pilot. That file says I'm the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Pearl Harbor” quotes(2001)
Michael Bay directed this movie in 2001
Title Pearl Harbor
Director Michael Bay
Genre Drama, History, Action
Director Michael Bay
Genre Drama, History, Action
Plot – During a quiet Sunday morning in December, while the kids are playing and the families are praying, squadrons of Japanese military aircrafts rumble in the skies of the Hawaiian paradise in a sneak attack to the US military base in Pearl Harbor. The movie tells about an intense love story arisen in the background of the events of December 7, 1941. It narrates the story of two young and brave pilots and the beautiful and sensitive nurse they both love. It is a majestic film about the power of love and the individual courage intimidated by the dramatic historical period.
All actors – Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett, Kate Beckinsale, William Lee Scott, Greg Zola, Ewen Bremner, Alec Baldwin, Jaime King, Catherine Kellner, Jennifer Garner, Jon Voight, Cuba Gooding Jr., Michael Shannon, Matthew Davis, Mako, John Fujioka, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Colm Feore, Dan Aykroyd, Reiley McClendon, Jesse James, William Fichtner, Steve Rankin, Brian Haley, David Hornsby, Scott Wilson, Graham Beckel, Howard Mungo, Randy Oglesby, Ping Wu, Stan Cahill, Kevin Wensing, Tom Everett, Tomas Arana, Beth Grant, Sara Rue, Sung Kang, Raphael Sbarge, Marty Belafsky, Yuji Okumoto, Josh Green, Ian Bohen, Michael Milhoan, Peter Firth, Tom Sizemore, Marco Gould, Andrew Bryniarski, Nicholas Downs, Tim Choate, John Diehl, Joseph Patrick Kelly, Ron Harper, Ted McGinley, Madison Mason, Kim Coates, Andrew Baley, Glenn Morshower, Paul Francis, Scott Wiper, Eric Christian Olsen, Rod Biermann, Noriaki Kamata, Garret Sato, Eiji Inoue, Precious Chong, Jeff Wadlow, Will Gill Jr., Seth Sakai, Curtis Andersen, Blaine Pate, John Pyper-Ferguson, Michael Shamus Wiles, Brett Pedigo, Toru Tanaka Jr., Sean Gunn, Josh Ackerman, Matt Casper, David Kaufman, Lindsey Ginter, Joshua Aaron Gulledge, Guy Torry, Leland Orser, Peter James Smith, Mark Noon, Pat Healy, Thomas Wilson Brown, Chad Morgan, James Saito, Angel Sing, Tak Kubota, Robert Jayne, Vic Chao, Michael Gradilone, Frederick Koehler, John Padget, Ben Easter, Cory Tucker, Abe Sylvia, Jason Liggett, Mark Panasuk, Bret Roberts, John Howry, Rufus Dorsey, Patrice Martinez, Rodney Bursiel, Rob McCabe, Brandon Lozano, Seiki Moriguchi, Brian D. Falk, Estevan Gonzalo, Christopher Stroop, Sean Faris, Vincent J. Inghilterra, Nicholas Farrell, Tony Curran, Will Bowden, Benjamin Farry, Daniel Mays, Toshi Toda, Jaymee Ong, , Ken Goth, Hank Harris, Christopher Allison, Ford Austin, Greg Baine, Douglas Blakeslee, J Michael Briggs, Wally Burr, Matt Cable, Jake Camboia, Camille Carida, Andrew Chen, Winston Churchill, Devin Corey, Mark Correy, Nya Daigo, David de Vos, Tanya Dempsey, Jeremy Denzlinger, Jeremy Gilbreath, Geoffrey Gould, William Joseph Hill, Adolf Hitler, Patrick A. Horton, Manu Intiraymi, Frieda Jane, Saburo Kurusu, Cherisse Lamoureux, Sherwin Lau, Elizabeth Leaff, Scott Levy, Beau Lotterman, Francis Maikai, Cameron McHarg, Kinsey McLean, Jill Meyers, Matt Moore, Kayre Morrison, Kathleen Mullan, Sean A. Mulvihill, Robert C. Nelson, Kichisaburo Nomura, Lin Oeding, Pete Romano, Lisa Ross, David Rountree, Bryan Ryan, Matthew Saxe, Barbara Scolaro, Ross Stasik, Max Thayer, Jack Truman, Clyde Tull, Larry Wegger, Mark Weiler, Jeff Yaworski, Melissa Anne Youngshow all
“Pearl Harbor” Quotes 21 quotes
“World War II, for us, began at Pearl Harbor, and 1,177 men still lie entombed in the battleship Arizona. America suffered, but America grew stronger. It was not inevitable. The times tried our souls...and through the trial, we overcame.”
“I like sub commanders. They have no time for bullshit, and neither do I.”
“A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war.”
“I joined the army to do my patriotic duty... and... to meet guys.”
“- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: You know what top secret is?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Yes, sir. It's the kind of mission where you get medals, but they send 'em to your relatives.”
“- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Where'd you find religion?
- Jimmy: When you assigned me to this mission, sir.
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: I want you to do me a favor.
- Jimmy: What's that, Colonel?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Pray for both of us.”
“- Nurse Lt. Evelyn Johnson: Where'd you get this?
- Petty Officer Doris Miller: Boxin'.
- Nurse Lt. Evelyn Johnson: You win?
- Petty Officer Doris Miller: Yes, Ma'am.
- Nurse Lt. Evelyn Johnson: And what do you get for winning?
- Petty Officer Doris Miller: Respect.”
“There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.”
“- Nurse Lt. Evelyn Johnson: You're acting like I didn't love you.
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Evelyn, loving you kept me alive.”
“- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: I heard what you did.
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: We can explain that, sir.
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Explain what?
- Capt. Danny Walker: Whatever it is you heard about us, sir.
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: You mean the hoola shirts you were flying in... or the seven planes you shot down.”
“- Adm. Chester W. Nimitz: Mr. President, with all respect, sir. What you're asking can't be done.
[the president attempts to disengage his wheelchair leg braces and stand]
- George: [tries to aid the president] Mr. President...
- Roosevelt: Get back, George. Get back. [struggles to stand but is able to stand erect] Do not tell me it can't be done.”
“- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Secretary of the Navy gave me these.
- Capt. Danny Walker: What are they?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Friendship medals the Japanese gave us when they were pretending they wanted peace.
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: What do you want me to do with them, sir?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: We're gonna wire them to the bombs and...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Capt. Danny Walker: Which way ya goin'?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Uh, right, no left. Left. I'll go left.
- Capt. Danny Walker: Okay, we're goin' left right?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Right, right?
- Capt. Danny Walker: Right, like we're goin' left, or right like we're goin' right?
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: Well, now you got me all mixed up. I dunno,...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- A pilot: What if we have to bail out over Japan?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: Well, in that situation, I can't tell you what to do.
- Capt. Rafe McCawley: What would you do, colonel?
- Lt. Col. James Doolittle: I wasn't built to be a prisoner... so I would have my crew bail out. I'd find the sweetest military target I could and drive my plane...” (continue) (continue reading)