Mistrust quotes34 mistrust quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Gin!... I knew there was something wrong with that guy. I never met a gin drinker yet that you could trust.”
“- Gwendolyn Chelm: Harry, we must beware of these men. They are desperate characters.
- Harry Chelm: What makes you say that?
- Gwendolyn Chelm: Not one of them looked at my legs!”
“- Gus: I am told his product was more or less consistent with the quality I come to expect.
- Walter White: More or less? More or less, really? Wow. Boy this... Talk about setting the bar low. Except you don't do that, set the bar low. Therefore, what conclusion am I left to draw? That you believe I have some proprietary kind of selfishness...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sherlock Holmes: Take my fiancée, for instance.
- Ilse von Hoffmanstal, aka Gabrielle Valladon: Your... fiancée?
- Sherlock Holmes: Mmmm, she was the daughter of my violin teacher. We were engaged to be married, the invitations were out, I was being fitted for a tailcoat, and 24 hours before the wedding, she died of influenza. It just proves...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Abby: You lost your chance.
- Mike Chadway: Oh, c'mon, I never had a chance with you.
- Abby: You're right. I had a momentary lapse in judgement when I thought you were more than you are, but you aren't. Clearly.”
“People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?”
“I don't give a flying handshake what your name is.”
“I was raised feral, and I mostly stayed that way.”
“No matter what anyone says, don't trust them.”
“Distrust is a disease that kills a friendship.”
“- Rankin Fitch: You don't have much faith in the Law!
- Nicholas Easter: I'm agnostic.”
“Do you know what's true? When something sounds too good to be true, then it's not true.”
“Never trust nobody; Caine Manual, Chapter 1, Page 1.”
“Are you so fucking blind that you don't even see what I am? I sold out Arthur for 80 grand. I'm your easiest problem and you're gonna kill me?”
“It's that girl from the boardwalk. Is she one of them? [Star floats up] She's one of them! And don't tell me it doesn't make her a bad person, Mike.”