“King Ralph” quotes(1991)
All actors – John Goodman, Peter O'Toole, John Hurt, Camille Coduri, Richard Griffiths, Leslie Phillips, James Villiers, Joely Richardson, Niall O'Brien, Julian Glover, Judy Parfitt, Ed Stobartshow all
“King Ralph” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Willingham: That's wonderful, Duncan. Who is he?
- Phipps: His name is Jones. Ralph Jones.
- Willingham: Is he everything we've hoped for?
- Phipps: He has his strengths and his weaknesses. You see, he's American.”
“It's not enough simply to be the king. You must look and act like one.”
“Gas mileage is fine, but keep in mind - the first question every car buyer asks themselves is 'Will this car get me laid?'.”
“There's no problem that can't be ignored if we really put our minds to it.”
“- King Gustav: Really? That often? You must have collected several tails.
- Ralph: I admit I slept with a few. But I'm not like that anymore. Nowadays you can't be too careful. You don't know who they've been with.”
“- Ralph: Do you feel that being the king of a major nation is tougher than you thought?
- King Mulamboa: Yes, it is difficult sometimes, what with the ceremonialduties and official obligations. But I'm quite pleased with the economic progress my country has made. We are hoping to be the first in Africa to market an automobile!”
“- Willingham: That's George III. You may remember him. He was king during that little temper tantrum you call the Revolutionary War.
- Ralph: Sounds like sour grapes to me, Ced. After all, we did kick your ass.
- Willingham: The loss is entirely yours, or rather, theirs. Try to remember you're an Englishman now.
- Ralph: Okay, but I still think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ralph: I was just wondering if you could bring me something. Anything.
- Gordon: Anything, Your Majesty?
- Ralph: I've never had anybody bring me something before. I just wanna try it out.
- Gordon: Certainly. Perhaps an assortment of fine chocolates?
- Ralph: Got any Milk Duds?”
“- Dysentery: Since when do we give a toss about this kind of bullshit?
- Punk Girl: Shut up, Dysentery! Where's your sense of national flipping pride?”
“- Hale: I'm glad you find her so. Best wishes in your fox hunting.
- King Gustav: Fox hunting? You like fox hunting, yes.
- Ralph: I don't get out much lately. But I used to go out almost every evening. One club or another.”
“It is far easier to whisper advice from cover than to risk its merit at the point of attack.”
“- Ralph: Once I got a steady girl, that put an end to it.
- King Gustav: She did not like fox hunting?
- Ralph: Of course not! Anna's not into it, is she?
- King Gustav: Oh, yes! She loves it! Most royals do.”
“- Ralph: How long do you think you're gonna be needing me? I've never held a job for more than six months.
- Phipps: Well, you see, a king is a king for life.
- Ralph: Good, 'cause my schedule's wide open.”