Peter O'Toole quotes
“Acting is largely a matter of farting about in disguises.”
“I know nothing at all about women. They are an amazing, beautiful mystery.”
“I will not be a common man. I will stir the smooth sands of monotony.”
“Pope Paul III was the greatest thief in the history of the church.”
“I saw a man killed in front of my eyes just before my eighth birthday.”
“There may be honor among thieves, but there's none in politicians.”
“- Jackson Bentley: What is it, Major Lawrence, that attracts you personally to the desert?
- T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.”
“- Willingham: That's wonderful, Duncan. Who is he?
- Phipps: His name is Jones. Ralph Jones.
- Willingham: Is he everything we've hoped for?
- Phipps: He has his strengths and his weaknesses. You see, he's American.”
“I hate beauty. Do you realize how boring it gets looking at beauty day in and day out?”
“- K.C. Downing: If there's anything you need, I can take care of it for you.
- Alan Swann: Anything?
- K.C. Downing: Within reason.
- Alan Swann: Well, let's begin with some tea and see where that leads us.”
“Alimony is proof that you pay for past mistakes. And pay...”
“- Police Chief Jake: Hey Bert, it's amazing you're still alive, considering who you are working for.
- Eli Cross: Come on Bert. We've time to kill you yet.”
“Heaven take my bones. England keep my soul?”
“- Alan Swann: Are you still in the fight game?
- Rookie Carroca: In a way. I married Benjy's mother.”
“The Emperor has been a prisoner in his own palace since the day that he was crowned, and has remained a prisoner since he abdicated. But now he's growing up, he may wonder why he's the only person in China who may not walk out of his own front door. I think the Emperor is the loneliest boy on Earth.”
“It's not enough simply to be the king. You must look and act like one.”
“If you cooperate, you'll receive a first-class ticket to Amsterdam where you can stick your finger in a dike.”