Plot – Max Fischer is 15 and has a dream since he was a child: enrolling at Rushmore, a prestigious private school for wealthy guys. He is a genius, so he obtains a scholarship, but once there his marks worsen and the countless extracurricular activities are useless. His precarious situation complicates when Max makes friendship with Herman Blume, an eccentric enterpreneur and father of his two schoolmates,. The boy misunderstands his beloved Miss Cross behaviour too.
All actors – Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams, Seymour Cassel, Brian Cox, Mason Gamble, Sara Tanaka, Stephen McCole, Connie Nielsen, Luke Wilson, Dipak Pallana, Andrew Wilsonshow all
“Rushmore” Quotes 14 quotes
“Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks. That's the only thing anybody really cares about. But, it's not my forte, unfortunately.”
“- Max Fischer: I thought you dumped me for Blume, then I thought...
- Rosemary Cross: I never dumped you, because we were never going out.”
“- Dr. Peter Flynn: I understand you're a neurosurgeon.
- Bert Fischer: No, I'm a barber, but a lot of people make that mistake.”
“You're like one of those clipper ship captains. You're married to the sea.”
“- Dr. Peter Flynn: I didn't know we were going to dinner.
- Max Fischer: That's because you weren't invited.”
“War does funny things to men.”
“You and Herman deserve each other. You're both little children.”
“- Rosemary Cross: Has it ever crossed your mind that you're far too young for me?
- Max Fischer: It crossed my mind that you might consider that a possibility.”
“- Rosemary Cross: Do you think we're going to have sex?
- Max Fischer: That's a kinda cheap way to put it.
- Rosemary Cross: Not if you've ever fucked before, it isn't.”
“- Rosemary Cross: Well, you pulled it off.
- Max Fischer: It went okay. At least nobody got hurt.
- Rosemary Cross: Except you.”