“- Royal Tenenbaum: You can't raise boys to be scared of life. You gotta brew some recklessness into them.
- Etheline Tenenbaum: I think that's terrible advice.”
“The Royal Tenenbaums” quotes(2001)
Plot – A sudden and unexpected winter reunion takes place for the Tanenbaums family. The parents, Royal and Etheline, have divorced after three childbirths: Chas, an international finance star, Margot, a successful play-writer who had already received a full scholarship in high school, and Richie, a three-year consecutive winner of the USA juniors tennis nationals. The success of the three children seems however to be set aside by the disasters created by the father in the last twenty years.
All actors – Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Danny Glover, Seymour Cassel, Kumar Pallana, Alec Baldwin, Grant Rosenmeyer, Jonah Meyerson, Aram Aslanian-Persico, Irina Gorovaia, Amedeo Turturro, Stephen Lea Sheppard, James Fitzgerald, Larry Pine, Don McKinnon, Frank Wood, Al Thompson, Jennifer Wachtell, Donal Lardner Ward, Andrew Wilson, Dipak Pallana, Sanjay Mathew, Mary Wigmore, Sonam Wangmo, Gita Gabriel, Pawel Wdowczak, Peter Leung, William Sturgis, Liam Craig, Sheelagh Tellerday, Max Faugno, Guido Venitucci, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Brian Smiar, Jan Austell, Rony Clanton, Salim Malik, Tom Lacy, Keith Charles, Greg Goossen, Saidah Arrika Ekulona, Vic Mata, Michael J. Conti, Tatiana Abbey, Kalani Queypo, Mel Cannon, Leo Manuelian, Amir Raissi, Roger Shamas, Philip Denning, Gary Evans, Rex Robbins, Nova Landaeus-Skinnar, Sam Hoffman, Brian Tenenbaum, Stephen Dignan, Eric Chase Anderson, , Wes Anderson, Tomm Bauer, Andrea Bianchi, Ray Castellanos, Sarah Chaney, Blaze Kelly Coyle, Michael Cuomo, Ben Dasaro, Dimitri DeFresco, Sherrie Fell, Daniel Koenig, Elizabeth Logan, Rebeca Martinez, Seth Michael May, Lian Moy, Kevin Kean Murphy, Ronald Rand, Alem Brhan Sapp, Kaipo Schwabshow all
“The Royal Tenenbaums” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Raleigh St. Clair: You've made a cuckold of me.
- Margot Tenenbaum: I know.
- Raleigh St. Clair: Many times over.
- Margot Tenenbaum: I'm sorry.
- Raleigh St. Clair: And you nearly killed your poor brother.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: I've got six weeks to set things right with you and I aim to do it. Will you give me a chance?
- Chas Tenenbaum: No.
- Royal Tenenbaum: Do you speak for everyone?
- Chas Tenenbaum: I speak for myself.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: Look, I know I'm going to be the bad guy on this one, but I just want to say the last six days have been the best six days of probably my whole life.
- Narrator: Immediately after making this statement, Royal realized that it was true.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: You know, Richie, this illness, this closeness to death... it's had a profound affect on me. I feel like a different person, I really do.
- Richie Tenenbaum: Dad, you were never dying.
- Royal Tenenbaum: But I'm going to live.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: Well, what does she feel about that?
- Richie Tenenbaum: I think she feels confused.
- Royal Tenenbaum: Well, I can understand that, it's probably illegal!
- Richie Tenenbaum: I don't think so, we're not related by blood.
- Royal Tenenbaum: That's true. It's still frowned upon. But then, what isn't these days, right?”
“- Judge: And how is it possible for Mr. Tenenbaum to withdraw these funds without your written authorization?
- Eli Cash: Because I started the corporation when I was a minor. So, my father was the primary signatory on most of my accounts. He also stole bonds out of my safety deposit box when I was fourteen.”
“- Royal Tenenbaum: I've always been considered an asshole for about as long as I can remember. That's just my style. But I'd really feel blue if I didn't think you were going to forgive me.
- Henry Sherman: I don't think you're an asshole, Royal. I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch.
- Royal Tenenbaum: Well, I really appreciate that.”
“I think we're just gonna to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that, Richie.”