“Single White Female” quotes(1992)
Plot – When Allison “Allie” Jones discovers that her fiancé Sam Rawson has cheated on her with his ex-wife and lied to her, she breaks off the engagement and kicks him out of the house. Since she is afraid of giving in to the temptation to forgive him, Allie puts an ad in a newspaper to find a girl with whom to share her nice rented apartment. Among the aspirants, she chooses Hedra Carlson, who appears shy and insecure and who shows admiration for her beauty and for her skills as a software designer. Hedra, who is actually a dangerous psychopath with a difficult past, suffers from loneliness because of her missing twin sister, who died as a child. Hedra now seems to find in Allie that missing sister and clings morbidly to her, trying to prevent her from rebuilding her relationship with Sam, hiding his letters and erasing his messages. She also wears Allie's clothes, uses her perfumes and behaves possessively towards her. At first the two flatmates seem to get along fine, but things soon change.
All actors – Bridget Fonda, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Steven Weber, Peter Friedman, Stephen Tobolowsky, Frances Bay, Michele Farr, Tara Karsian, Christiana D'Amore, Jessica Lundy, Renée Estevez, Tiffany Matarasshow all
“Single White Female” Quotes 10 quotes
“Allie, he came in my mouth, and then he tried to beat the shit out of me because I wanted to tell you. You know... It was an accident. But... He deserved it.”
“Did you know that identical twins are never really identical. There's always one who's prettier. And the one who's not does all the work. She used me, and... Then she left me. Just like you. Come on. Take them. Come on, Allie, it's nicer this way.”
“- Allison Jones: You've been a good roommate. But it's just this is the man I'm going to marry. I want us to start our lives together.
- Hedra Carlson: Well, he will cheat on you again. That's a promise. And when he does, don't come running to me, okay? Because I've had it with you. You're so fucking weak!”
“- Hedra Carlson: Okay. Come on. The police will be here soon.
- Allison Jones: But... But you shouldn't run. It'll only make it worse. I know you weren't yourself when you did this, Hedy.
- Hedra Carlson: I know. I was you. Who is this Hedy, anyway? No one's seen her. She's not on the lease. There's not even a fingerprint of hers here. I've been...” (continue)(continue reading)
"I don't want to try to be loved anymore. I don't want to be scared anymore. Or to kill anymore. I don't want to kill anymore. I... don't want to be alone anymore. I don't want to be anything anymore. I don't need a reason to kill myself. I need a reason not to. There isn't one". You don't want to say anything special to anyone? Okay, "Allison... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hedra Carlson: Where the hell have you been?
- Allison Jones: God. Hedy, what are you doing in my room?
- Hedra Carlson: I've been waiting since 6:00 last night to hear from you. I've been worried sick. Buddy was crying all night. I finally had to come in here so he'd calm down.
- Allison Jones: I'm sorry, I guess I just didn't think.”
“I cried the whole week of Sam's funeral. Graham says that won't bring him back. He says I have to start letting go. He's right. Hedy's parents said that for years they tried to explain to her that her sister's death wasn't her fault but she never forgave herself for surviving. So, every day, I try to forgive Hedy for Sam. Then I try to do what...” (continue)(continue reading)