Blake Edwards directed this movie in 1991
Director Blake Edwards
Genre Comedy, Fantasy
Director Blake Edwards
Genre Comedy, Fantasy
Plot – Steve Brooks is used to treat his girlfriends as simple pastimes and to avenge themselves, the girls kill him. In the afterlife, Steve is proposed to return to earth to find at least one person who loves him to avoid hell, but he will do that reincarneted in a woman's body. He calls himself Amanda and pretends to be Steve's sister and works in his previous office. She receives many advances by her colleagues. One night, she gets drunk and spends the night with Walter. When Amanda learns to be pregnant, at first she rejects the idea, then she gives birth to a child. Amanda can finally die and go to heaven.
All actors – Ellen Barkin, Jimmy Smits, JoBeth Williams, Lorraine Bracco, Tony Roberts, Perry King, Bruce Payne, Lysette Anthony, Victoria Mahoney, Basil Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Kevin Kilner, David Wohl, James Harper, John Lafayette, Jim J. Bullock, Diana Chisney, Joe Flood, Emma Walton Hamilton, Louis Eppolito, Yvette Freeman, Dennis Paladino, Téa Leoni, Rick Aiello, F. William Parker, Ben Hartigan, David Gale, Jessie Jones, Herb Tanney, Virginia Morris, Robert Clotworthy, Patricia Clipper, Robert Elias, Michelle Wong, Marti Muller, Mindy Lawson, Kimberly Oja, Teri Gold, Lily Mariye, William Shockley, Jennie Nauman, Annette Quinn, Dena Burton, Michelle Reese, Alana Silvani, Jacki Moen, Karen Medak, Tracy Lambert, Taunie Vrenon, Michael Badalucco, Gregory J. Barnett, Fred Lerner, Jay R. Goldenberg, Faith Minton, Rebecca Wood, Linda Dona, Helena Apothaker, Elena Statheros, Jim Lovelett, Barbara Schillaci, Robert Towers, Tony Genaro, Ross Brittain, Richard Provost, Linda Gary, Molly Okuneff, Lenny Citrano, Ryal Haakenson, Bob Murphyshow all
“Switch” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Margo Brofman: We still hate you.
- Felicia: We decided you should be punished for the way you treat women.
- Liz: Oh, yeah, men like you just have to be stopped.
- Steve Brooks: And how are you going to stop me?
- Margo Brofman: We're going to kill you.”
“Being a woman it's not half bad. It's being both that is the bitch.”
“- Amanda Brooks: What adjective would you say best describes him?
- Arnold's Secretary Denise: Asshole.
- Amanda Brooks: That could also be a noun.
- Arnold's Secretary Denise: Major asshole.”
“- The Devil: You want to hedge your bet with me? Make eternity a little less hellish.
- Amanda Brooks: What did you have in mind?
- The Devil: Did you see Rosemary's Baby?
- Amanda Brooks: Yeah. What? No, no, I can't! See, I'm expecting my period. I can't. I can't.”
“- The Devil: Make it impossible for him to work his macho machinations onto any more unsuspecting female.
- God: And how do I do that?
- The Devil: Easy. Make him a woman.”
- Amanda Brooks: Walt, checkout the headlights on the blonde. How'd you like to play "hide the salami" with that for about a week? Ugh, but not me Walt, you. What, you don't think that's a perfectly legitimate question?
- Walter Stone: Coming from a guy, maybe.
“- God: I sent him back. If he can't find one female who likes him, then his soul is yours.
- The Devil: Well, that's not a fair test. He'll pick some helpless, unsuspecting female, pretend to be everything he's not. In the end, she'll adore him. And you'll be honor abound to admit an unregenerate debaucher into Heaven.”
“- Steve Brooks: It's kinda hard for me to believe that there aren't at least a couple of woman...
- God: Right now, I'll settle for one. So I've decided that you should go back and try to find one female who truly likes Steve Brooks. If you find her, you go to Heaven. If you don't, you will spend eternity in Hell.”
“- Amanda Brooks: Being a woman had its advantages.
- God: Definitely.
- Amanda Brooks: Can I think about just a little longer?
- God, God: Take your time. You have all eternity.”
“- God: You've earned enough credits to get you into Heaven.
- Steve Brooks: Oh, thank God.
- God, God: You're welcome.”
“- The Devil: You hate being a woman, right?
- Amanda Brooks: Well...
- The Devil: There's no fun in PMS or shaving your legs. And what do have to look forward to? Guys like you used to be always trying to get into your pants. Cellulite, menopause.”
“- God: You have to decide whether you want to be male or a female angel.
- Amanda Brooks: Oh, hey, now, that's a tough one. Okay if I think about it for a while?”