JoBeth Williams quotes
“- Diane: They denied our claim again.
- Steve Freeling: What?
- Diane: I told you we never should have said the house vanished into the air.”
“- Margo Brofman: We still hate you.
- Felicia: We decided you should be punished for the way you treat women.
- Liz: Oh, yeah, men like you just have to be stopped.
- Steve Brooks: And how are you going to stop me?
- Margo Brofman: We're going to kill you.”
“- Abbie: I'm going to lean on you, and you just lean on me. Is this good for you?
- Lisa: This is great.
- Abbie: Look! We're a semicolon walking home!”
“- Skip Donahue: You want to know something that's always fascinated me? Are the prisonromances that sometimes spring up between inmates and girls from the outside. Sometimes quite beautiful girls. I mean, would you, for example... could you actually become involved, I mean, romantically, with a prisoner?
- Meredith: Absolutely not.
- Skip...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam: So how's your life?
- Karen: Oh, great. How's yours?
- Sam: Not so great.
- Karen: Oh, we're telling the truth.”
“- Steve Freeling: No. I'll do it. Let me go.
- Diane Freeling: You can't go. You're the only one strong enough to hold the rope.”
“- Party Woman: Libby, this is Natalie Standish. Natalie is Reed's... Oh, is it alright to...
- Natalie Standish: Say that Reed got me pregnant when I was a barhop at your country club? Married me to avoid scandal? Spent the next ten years sucking the life out of me? Got bored with me, dumped me, and screwed me in court? Sure, go ahead.
- Party...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Steve Freeling: Tomorrow I'm going to call someone.
- Diane Freeling: Like who? I looked in the Yellow Pages. "Furniture Movers" we've got; "Strange Phenomenon", there's no listing.
“- Karen: You'll never get this many people to come to my funeral.
- Michael: Ohh, Karen, I'll come. And, you know... I'll bring a date.”
“- Abe: I'm glad you came, doctor. Maybe you can tell me what's wrong with my hand - it's been like this for a month.
- Lisa: Have you tried soaking it in melted butter?”
“- Diane Freeling: Mmmmm... smell that mimosa.
- Steve Freeling: Well you better cut a bouquet and take it with you, because we're not staying.”
“- Natalie Standish: You wouldn't dare play fair, would you?
- Reed Standish: I wouldn't dare lose.”
“- Diane Freeling: We were wondering if you had experienced any... disturbances?
- Ben Tuthill: What kind of disturbances?
- Diane Freeling: You know... dishes or furniture, moving around by themselves.”
“What you are feeling right now is the barrel of 357 combat magnum. This weapon can fell an elephant at a hundred yards, let alone a snake like you, at point blank... hah!”
“You're not a mother. It is my job to do everything I can to make my children part of a normal world. A world of schools and friends and lovers and families of they're own someday.”