John Belushi quotes
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.”
“Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse.”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: They're not the kinda guys who write letters. You were outside, I was inside. You were supposed to keep in touch with the band. I kept asking you if we were gonna play again.
- Elwood Blues: Well, what was I gonna do? Take away your only hope? Take away the very thing that kept you going in there? I took the liberty of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it.”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
- Father: What?
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children!”
“No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!”
“- Ernie Souchak: Why ornithology?
- Nell Porter: I like the uniform.”
- John Blutarsky: Kroger, your Delta Tau Chi name is Pinto.
- Pinto: Why "Pinto"?
- John Blutarsky: Why not?
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.
- Mrs. Murphy: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Four fried chickens and a Coke.”
- Elwood Blues: You promised you'd visit the "Penguin" the day you got out of prison.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Yeah... so I lied to her.
- Elwood Blues: You can't lie to a nun, Jake. We're gonna go in, and see the "Penguin".
“- Murphy 'Murph' Dunne: Tell me a little about this electric piano, Ray.
- Ray: Ah, you have a good eye, my man. That's the best in the city of Chicago.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: How much?
- Jay: 2000 bucks and it's yours. You can take it home with you. As a matter of fact, I'll throw in the black keys for free.”
“They're not going to catch us; We're on a mission from God.”
“Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps.”
What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble". Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man!... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ramona: He tried to pork me.
- Earl Keese: Pork you? What?
- Ramona: You know you did.
- Earl Keese: I swear, I never touched her.
- Ramona: Well, I wasn't born with your hand in my bush.”
“I've never seen such big balls - and I'm from Chicago.”
“- Vic: And that is where you saw her mammal.
- Earl Keese: Her mammal?
- Vic: Her honkers, Earl.
- Earl Keese: She dropped the towel.
- Vic: Did she drop it, or did you psychically will it to fall?”
“- Ernie Souchak: What do you mean, almost killed?
- Deke Lewis: Well, you know when you stop breathing and walking, seeing things? That kind of almost killed.”
“- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: What the hell is this?
- Elwood Blues: This was a bargain. I picked it up at the Mount Prospect city police auction last spring. It's an old Mount Prospect police car. They were practically giving 'em away.
- 'Joliet' Jake Blues: Well thank you, pal. The day I get outta prison, my own brother picks me up in a police car!”