“- Margaret Tate: Timeout, ok? This bickering Bickerson thing has got to stop. People need to think that we are in love.
- Andrew Paxton: That's no problem. I can do that. I can pretend to be the doting fiancé. That's easy. But for you, that's going to require that you stop snacking on children while they dream.”
“The Proposal” quotes(2009)
Plot – Editor Margaret Tate has an organized life and knows what she wants, especially with regards to her job. At work, in fact, she is a hideous boss, especially with her assistant Andrew Paxton, who she bullies and torments whenever she can. Margaret works in New York but she is Canadian and when an immigration officer approaches her with a extradition notice she pretends she is engaged to her assistant. Andrew decides to play along but on a few conditions, including getting married in Alaska, where he was born. Albeit reluctantly, Margaret and Andrew swear they will see the plan through, but their visit with the bizarre Paxton family, unexpected visits from immigration officers and the unusual living conditions give the two stubborn “lovebirds” an unpredictable adventure.
All actors – Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson, Betty White, Denis O'Hare, Malin Akerman, Oscar Nuñez, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Nouri, Michael Mosley, Dale Place, Alicia Hunt, Alexis Garcia, Kortney Adams, Chris Whitney, Jerrell Lee Wesley, Gregg Edelman, Phyllis Kay, Kate Lacey-Kiley, Gene Fleming, Mary Linda Rapelye, Anne Fletcher, B. Johnson, , Cindi Alex, Ellen Becker-Gray, Raymond Michael Bell, Brian Bradbury, Jodie Brunelle, John J. Burke, Chemi Che-Mponda, Desiree April Connolly, Diane Curran, Eric Ferraz, Shawn Fogarty, John Franchi, Alexander 'Alex' Garde, Dan Griffin, Sophya Gudelman, Joseph Guglielmo, London Hall, Patrick Mel Hayes, Frankie Imbergamo, Haytham Kandil, Dan Marshall, Robert Masiello, Ben L. Mitchell, Ron Murphy, Niecy Nash, Thomas Olson, Nikki Preston, Cory Rasmussen, Donna Glee Reim, Annie Rohling, Darren Ross, Eric Ryan, Cory Scott, Rich Skinner, Ylian Alfaro Snyder, Vyvian B. Stevens, Jessica J. Stowes, Stream, David Struffolino, Uzimann, Larry Vigus, G.A. West, Andrew C. Wiley, Adam Zaltshow all
“The Proposal” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Margaret Tate: Why didn't you tell me you were some kind of Alaskan Kennedy?
- Andrew Paxton: How could I? We were in the middle of talking about you, for the last three years.”
“You could imagine my disappointment when it suddenly dawned on me that the woman I love is about to be kicked out of the country. So Margaret, marry me, because I'd like to date you.”
“- Margaret Tate: I have never farted in front of him. Nor will I ever fart in front of him.
- Andrew Paxton: She farts in her sleep.”
“- Andrew Paxton: I like Pringles.
- Margaret Tate: Okay.
- Andrew Paxton: They're delicious. All Hostess products. Coke, never Pepsi, and beef jerky.
- Margaret Tate: What, are you, like, 13?”
“- Andrew Paxton: We'll tell my family about our engagement when I want and how I want. Now, ask me nicely.
- Margaret Tate: Ask you nicely what?
- Andrew Paxton: Ask me nicely to marry you, Margaret.
- Margaret Tate: What does that mean?
- Andrew Paxton: You heard me. On your knee.”
“- Margaret Tate: Was that your family?
- Andrew Paxton: Yes.
- Margaret Tate: Tell you to quit.
- Andrew Paxton: Every single day.”
“- Margaret Tate: Sweet Andrew.
- Andrew Paxton: I'm listening.
- Margaret Tate: Would you please, with cherries on top, marry me?
- Andrew Paxton: Ok. I don't appreciate the sarcasm, but I'll do it.”