“Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason” quotes(2004)
Plot – Bridget Jones - single Londoner in her thirties, insecure, introspective, ambitious, obsessed with calories - has finally found her soul mate. It has been six glorious weeks since she started dating the adorable lawyer Mark Darcy and things could not be better. Now that she has finally found the right man she must do everything she can to keep him. Just as she is trying to figure out whether it really is possible to live "happily ever after", Darcy's new colleague arrives: a long-legged beauty that always says the right thing at the right time. All of a sudden jealousy, insecurity and temptation threaten to wreck the young woman's dream and she is cast into a bewildering comic maze of bad advice, troubles and absurd situations which only she could be the protagonist of.
All actors – Renée Zellweger, Gemma Jones, Jim Broadbent, James Faulkner, Celia Imrie, Dominic McHale, Colin Firth, Donald Douglas, Shirley Dixon, Neil Pearson, Rosalind Halstead, Luis Soto, Tom Brooke, Hugh Grant, Alba Fleming Furlan, Jacinda Barrett, Sally Phillips, James Callis, Shirley Henderson, Lucy Robinson, David Verrey, Mark Tandy, Stephanie O'Rourke, Jeremy Paxman, Flaminia Cinque, Jessica Hynes, Trevor Fox, Alex Jennings, Catherine Russell, Ian McNeice, Philip Gardner, Wolf Kahler, Lilo Baur, Hannes Flaschberger, Sabina Michael, Paul Humpoletz, Paul Nicholls, David Auker, Patrick Baladi, Rong Kaomulkadee, Ting Ting Hu, Michelle Lee, Hon Ping Tang, Suthas Bhoopongsa, Jason Watkins, Vee Vimolmal, Melissa Ashworth, Pui Fan Lee, Oliver Chris, Sam Hazeldine, Amanda Haberland, Neil Dudgeon, Peter Gordon, Sam Beazley, Simón Andreu, Arturo Venegas, Richard Braine, , Adrian Allan, Morne Botes, Robert Dearle, Ray Donn, Antonia Frering, Campbell Graham, Nathaniel Antonio Lloyd, Selena Mars, Jade Ramsey, Nikita Ramseyshow all
“Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason” Quotes 18 quotes
“Friends: they spend years trying to find you a boyfriend, but the moment you get one, they instantly tell you to dump him.”
“One minute you're closer to someone than anyone in the world, the next minute you're never going to see them again.”
“- Mark Darcy: What on Earth are you doing?
- Bridget Jones: Getting dressed.
- Mark Darcy: Why're you dancing around in that tent business?
- Bridget Jones: Because I don't want you to see any of my wobbly bits.
- Mark Darcy: Well, now that's a bit pointless, isn't it? As I happen to have a very high regard for your wobbly bits. In all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bridget Jones: You are angry.
- Mark Darcy: No, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
- Bridget Jones: Disappointed? Oh, God, that's worse than angry.
- Mark Darcy: I'm just disappointed I can't take you home this instant.”
“The question is: what happens after you walk off into the sunset?”
“Wonder what Mark Darcy would be like as a father. Father to his children I mean, not to me. That would be weird Oedipus-like thought.”
“You think you've found the right man, but there's so much wrong with him, and then he finds there's so much wrong with you, and then it all just falls apart.”
“I spent the night with a gorgeous Thai girl who turned out to be a gorgeous Thai boy!”
“- Bridget Jones: You know, I never really understood why you wanted to date me. It seems so unlikely.
- Daniel Cleaver: Come on, Jones, for God's sake. You're sexy. You make me laugh, at you of course, not with you. And you were, incidentally, the best shag I ever had.”
“What about a wig? They're lawyers, aren't they? Lawyers love wigs.”
“Talking to her is like swimming in a sea and being stung repeatedly by an enormous jellyfish.”
“I truly believe that happiness is possible. Even when you're thirty-three and have a bottom the size of two bowling balls.”
“You can't do this, I'm English! And an award-winning journalist. Well, maybe not award-winning, but I have been to lots of award ceremonies.”
“- Mark Darcy: Hello?
- Bridget Jones: It's me. Just wondered how you are.
- Mark Darcy: I'm fine thanks. Everything alright with you?
- Bridget Jones: Fine, though, I've just had a rather graphic shag flashback. You do have a genuinely gorgeous bottom.
- Mark Darcy: Right, well, thank you. I'm actually with the Mexican Ambassador just at the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Daniel Cleaver: Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?
- Bridget Jones: Except Hitler.”