“The Stepford Wives” quotes(2004)
Plot – Joanna Eberhart feels fully realized. She's the youngest president in the history of the EBS television network, she's the happy wife of a man full of attentions and the mother of two wonderful children. At first glance her life is indeed perfect, until one day her world collapses miserably. Joanna's breakdown is the impulse that pushes her and her husband Walter to reorganize their life. They decide to start over in the idyllic suburban paradise of Stepford, in Connecticut, but in this picturesque place something strange is going on and Joanna begins to be suspicious.
All actors – Nicole Kidman, Matthew Broderick, Bette Midler, Glenn Close, Christopher Walken, Roger Bart, David Marshall Grant, Jon Lovitz, Dylan Hartigan, Fallon Brooking, Faith Hill, Matt Malloyshow all
“The Stepford Wives” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Joanna Eberhard: But, she had sparks coming out of her ears.
- Roger Bannister: That's the first sign.
- Joanna Eberhard: Of what?
- Roger Bannister: Cheap jewelery.”
“- Joanna Eberhart: Bobbie! Bobbie... this isn't you...
- Bobbie Markowitz: That's right! This isn't me, it's a whole new me. I'm happy, and I'm healthy, because I understand what's important in life.”
“- Walter Kresby: You're even better at sex, don't deny it.
- Joanna Eberhard: I wasn't going to.”
“- Joanna Eberhart: We're trespassing!
- Bobbie Markowitz: Only if we get caught.”
- Joanna Eberhart: Hey, aren't you Bobbie Markowitz? I love your books. What was the name of that book, the one about your mother?
- Bobbie Markowitz: "I Love You, But Please Die".
“I feel like Nancy Drew in the mystery of the mid-life crisis.”
“I was in the garden and I was dreaming about your... your smile and your aftershave and then I realized... I could do better!”
“- Walter Kresby: First of all we are in the country now, so no more black.
- Joanna Eberhart: No more black? Are you insane?
- Walter Kresby: You heard me. Only high-powered, neurotic, castrating, Manhattan career bitches wear black. Is that what you want to be?
- Joanna Eberhart: Ever since I was a little girl.”
“- Joanna Eberhard: If you're in Manhattan, what do you do if you find out you're neighbour is sick?
- Roger Bannister: Call her...
- Bobbie Markowitz: To see if she is going to die...
- Roger Bannister: So we could rent the apartment.”