Ewen Bremner quotes
- 1st Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, do you mean that you lied on your application?
- Spud: No! Uh. Yes. Only to get my foot in the door. Showing initiative and that like.
- 1st Interviewer: But you were referred here by the department of employment, there was no need for you to get your "foot in the door", as you put it.
- Spud: Ehhh... cool.... (continue)(continue reading)
“First, there's an opportunity. Then... there's a betrayal.”
“You ruined my life, and now you're ruining my fucking death too!”
“- Justin: Hey, you look nice.
- Martha: I'm dressed for a funeral.”
“I've proved to myself I can get along in different kinds of parts and different kinds of productions.”
“As parents, I think we're always novices, and every day presents a new challenge.”
“I am the lead character in my own story.”
“It's difficult to maintain enthusiasm for your leadership when you keep getting beat up by that old man.”
“- Mark Verheiden: We're never getting out of this place.
- Graeme Miller: You got any children?
- Mark Verheiden: Got a son.
- Graeme Miller: Yeah, I've got two. That means we do not have the luxury of quitting.”
“Cursed be he who puts an obstacle in the path of a blind man.”
- Spud: It's a nightmare. She told me she didn't want our relationship to start on a physical basis as that is how it would be principally defined from then on in.
- Tommy: Where did she come up with that?
- Spud: She read it in "Cosmopolitan".
- Tommy: Six weeks and no sex?
- Spud: I've got balls like watermelons, I'm telling you.
“- 2nd Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, what attracts you to the leisure industry?
- Spud: In a word: pleasure. It's like, my pleasure in other people's leisure.”