“Chicken Run” quotes(2000)
Plot – The hen Gaia tries to shake the apathy of her companions and of an old rooster ex-RAF pilot when she discovers that Tweedy family, owner of the roost, is plotting to make them become Tweedy’s chicken pies. The decisive help to escape from the chicken roost-prison comes from the sky, in the guise of the funny Rocky, an American flying rooster who quickly becomes the idol of the chicks.
All actors – Phil Daniels, Lynn Ferguson, Mel Gibson, Tony Haygarth, Jane Horrocks, Miranda Richardson, Julia Sawalha, Timothy Spall, Imelda Staunton, Benjamin Whitrow, John Sharian, Jo Allen, Lisa Kay, Laura Strachanshow all
“Chicken Run” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Rocky: You see, over in America, we have this rule. If you want to motivate someone, don't - mention - death!
- Ginger: Funny; the rulehere is: always tell the truth.
- Rocky: Boy, that's been working like a real charm, hasn't it? Let me give you some free advice: you want them to perform? Tell them what they wanna hear.
- Ginger: You mean lie?”
“- Ginger: Think, everyone, think. What haven't we tried yet?
- Bunty: We haven't tried not trying to escape.
- Babs: Hmm. That might work.”
“- Ginger: You're supposed to be up there - you're the pilot.
- Fowler: Don't be ridiculous. I can't fly this contraption.
- Ginger: Back in your day? The Royal Air Force?
- Fowler: 644 Squadron, Poultry Division - we were the mascots.
- Ginger: You mean you never actually flew the plane?
- Fowler: Good heavens, no! I'm a chicken! The Royal Air...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick: Here's a thought. Why don't we get an egg and start our own chicken farm? That way we'd have all the eggs we could eat.
- Fetcher: Right. We'll need a chicken, then.
- Nick: No... no, we'll need an egg. You have the egg first, that's where you get the chicken from.
- Fetcher: No, that's cobblers. If you don't have a chicken, where are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Something is wrong here; can't you see that? Strange boxes arrive during the night. Babs stops laying but they don't take her to the chop, and now they're giving us extra food. Don't you see what's happening? They're fattening us up. They're going to kill us all.”
“The most important thing is, we have to work as a team, which means: you do everything I tell you.”
“- Nick: Imagine a world before chickens - a chickenless, eggless world...
- Fetcher: I am - and it's horrible.”
“- Ginger: I thought you were teaching us how to fly.
- Rocky: That's what I'm doing.
- Ginger: Isn't there usually some flapping involved?
- Rocky: Hey, do I tell you how to lay eggs?”
“- Rocky: Oh, just a little place I call the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- Mac: Scotland!
- Rocky: No! America.”
“I hate to be the voice of doom, but I've been calculatin' my figures, and...I just don't think we're built for flyin'.”
“- Ginger: So laying eggs all your life and then getting plucked, stuffed, and roasted is good enough for you, is it?
- Babs: It's a livin'.”
“- Rocky: Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You wanna get every chicken in this place out of here at the same time?
- Ginger: Of course.
- Rocky: You're certifiable! You can't pull off a stunt like that; that's suicide.
- Ginger: Where there's a will, there's a way.
- Rocky: Couldn't agree more. And I will be leaving that way.”
“- Rocky: You see, flying takes three things: hard work, perseverance and... hard work.
- Fowler: You said hard work twice!
- Rocky: That's because it takes twice as much work as perseverance.”
- Mrs. Tweedy: Imagine. In less than a fortnight, every grocers' in the county will be stocked with box upon box of Mrs. Tweedy's Homemade Chicken Pies.
- Mr. Tweedy: Just "Mrs."?
- Mrs. Tweedy: Woman's touch. Makes the public feel more comfortable.