Chadwick Boseman quotes
“- T'Chaka: What is wrong, my son?
- T'Challa: I am not ready, Baba.
- T'Chaka: Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side?
- T'Challa: That is not what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you.
- T'Chaka: A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We will work to be an example of how we, as brothers and sisters on this earth, should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Branch Rickey: We win if the world is convinced of two things: That you are a fine gentleman and a great baseball player. Like our Savior... you gotta have the guts... to turn the other cheek. Can you do it?
- Jackie Robinson: You give me a uniform... you give me a, heh, number on my back... and I'll give you the guts.”
“I don't care if they like me. I didn't come here to make friends. I don't even care if they respect me. I know who I am.”
“I don't think it matters what I believe, only what I do.”
“Life ain't shit. You can put it in a paper bag and carry it around with you. It ain't got no balls. Now death... . death got some style. Death will kick your ass and make you wish you never been born. That's how bad death is.”
“When it comes down to it, I'd rather have an action figure than a Golden Globe.”
“As a director, it is important to understand the actor's process.”
“Sometimes when you're acting, you only need a little bit of something to sort of channel or, you know, transport into a place.”
“Automatic weapons. Two shooters. They have training.”
“- Shuri: The real question is what are those? Why do you have your toes out in my lab?
- T'Challa: What, you don't like my royal sandals? I wanted to go old school for my first day.”
“I will not abandon someone to die, when I have the means to save his life.”
“- T'Challa: How are you feeling today, Mama?
- Ramonda: Proud. Your father and I would talk about this day all the time. He is with us. And it is your time to be king.”
- Jackie Robinson: You want a player who doesn't have the guts to fight back?
- Branch Rickey: No. I want a player who's got the guts not to fight back. People aren't gonna like this. They're gonna do anything to get you to react. Echo a curse with a curse and, uh, they'll hear only yours. Follow a blow with a blow and they'll say, "The Negro... (continue)(continue reading)