Vocation quotes15 vocation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I came to America to become an architect.”
“- Tracy: There are plenty of other ways you can provide for this family.
- Ellison Oswalt: Doing what? Teaching? Editing journalism textbooks? Don't you understand that writing is what gives my life meaning? These books are my legacy!
- Tracy: I have always supported you doing what you love, Ellison. But writing isn't the meaning of your life....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I feel I'm following my path. I'm living my truth, and my path is storytelling.”
“I was single-minded on what I wanted to do since I was like nine or ten.”
“About the best thing an actor can do when all is said and done is to make people laugh.”
“When you are a kid, everybody wants to be an actor.”
“- Pepper Potts: Tony, you know that I would help you with anything, but I cannot help you if you're going to start all this again.
- Tony Stark: There is nothing except this. There's no art opening, no charity, nothing to sign. There's the next mission, and nothing else.”
“- Mr. Kil: I'm Mr. Kil.
- James Bond: Now there's a name to die for.”
“- Lawrence Selden: Isn't marriage your vocation? Isn't it what you're all brought up for?
- Lily Bart: You speak as if I should marry the first man who came along.”
I remember my father telling me: "The eyes of God are on us always.". The eyes of God. What a phrase to a young boy. What were God's eyes like? Unimaginably penetrating, intense eyes, I assumed. And I wonder if it was just a coincidence I made my specialty ophthalmology.
“My parents had basically given up on children when I came along, so my mother always called me her 'gift from God'. That really stuck with me and when I was eight I told her I had a feeling I was supposed to return the favor. She was so happy she cried. My dad just wanted to know if working for God came with dental.”
“The feeling begins. Very tender, very loving. Then the pain starts. Claws slip underneath the skin and tear their way up. Just before they reach my eyes, they dig in. And I remember. First I fasted for three months. I even whipped myself before I went to sleep. At first it worked. Then the pain came back. And the voices. They call me by name....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ancestor: My children never caused such trouble. They all became acupuncturists.
- Ancestor: Well, we can't all be acupuncturists.
- Ancestor: No! Your great-granddaughter had to be a cross-dresser!”
“- Nun: The way you put it... I never really thought about it like that before. What have I been doing with my life? What am I...
- Loki: Yeah, I know. Listen, my advice to you: you take this money that you've been collecting for your parish, go get yourself a nice dress, you know? Fix yourself up. Find some man, find some woman, that you can...” (continue)(continue reading)