Gillian Anderson quotes
“I don't understand technology. I don't even Tweet. I have someone in the US who does that for me; nothing personal, just work stuff.”
“When I think of normal, I think of mediocrity... and mediocrity scares the fuck out of me!”
“There are a lot of things I would have done differently, but Scully wouldn't have been one of them.”
“- Agent Fox Mulder: I think they went left.
- Agent Dana Scully: I don't know why, I think they went right.
- Agent Fox Mulder: Five years together, Scully. How many times have I been wrong? Never!”
“- Agent Dana Scully: I need this building evacuated and cleared out in ten minutes! I want you to call the fire department and have them block off the city center in a one mile radius around the building.
- Security Guard: Ten minutes?
- Agent Dana Scully: Don't think! Just pick up the phone and make it happen.”
“My poor, ugly, beautiful daughter is neither wolf, nor human. She lives with the forest, and so too will die with the forest.”
“Love me. But don't tell me so.”
“The Forest Spirit gives life and takes life away. Life and death are his alone.”
“- San: Moro, please ask the Forest Spirit to save you!
- Moro: I have lived long enough, San. Soon, the Great Forest Spirit will let me rest forever.”
“- Meredith: I'll tell you what I don't want. I don't want all this calculated artificiality. This dress, these stupid little bows in my hair, they aren't me. I mean, look at you. You... you don't sit around your house in an Armani suit, do you?
- Trent: No. My house is black-tie.”
“- Agent Fox Mulder: You told me you had answers.
- Alvin Kurtzweil, MD: Well, I don't have 'em all.”
“Sometimes, I think a man understands a woman's motives better than her own sex does.”
“- Lily Bart: You never speak to me.
- Lawrence Selden: I'm never near you long enough.”
“- Lawrence Selden: Isn't marriage your vocation? Isn't it what you're all brought up for?
- Lily Bart: You speak as if I should marry the first man who came along.”
“- Trent: You know I'm not just asking you to dinner as a pre-emptive strike against litigation. I'm asking because...
- Meredith: I'll have dinner with you.
- Trent: What changed your mind?
- Meredith: Anyone who can say 'preemptive strike against litigation' with a straight face deserves a dinner companion.”
“- Agent Fox Mulder: After what you saw last night, after all you've seen, you can just walk away?
- Agent Dana Scully: I have. I did. It's done.”