Cicely Tyson quotes
“Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They´re what make the instrument stretch - what makes you go beyond the norm.”
“- Joe: I've got Viagra.
- Myrtle: Oh yeah? Well I’ve got mace.”
“A lady always knows when to leave.”
- Myrtle: That’s what he said “Peace be still”.
- Madea: Well, you know what? Peace is always still around me ‘cause I keeps me what they call “a piece of steel”. As long as you’ve got a piece of steel you gonna have peace. Load your steel! Thank you Jesus!
“Family reunions are about uniting the family, bringing together the young and old. Singing and dancing and thanking God, giving Him the glory. Thanking him for getting us over.”
- From the movie: Bustin' Loose
“I want every single one of you, young man, young woman, turn to the next person standing alongside of you. Grab them and hug them and tell them that you love 'em.”
“Secret's in the sauce.”
“- Madea: He hit me... and I didn't even know how mad I was until I saw him in his casket, he's eight feet under.
- Myrtle: Six feet, that's how they bury people, Madea, six feet under.
- Madea: That's what I'm trying to say, I thought I was over what he did to me until I saw him at the funeral, I was so mad I beat him down two more feet.”