Debra Winger quotes
“I was in love too. My wife wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. She wanted to get married, we did. She wanted to have kids, we did. She wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and did in each other arms, we did.”
“It's never a mistake to care for someone. That's always a good thing!”
“I know you like me. I know it. For the last year or two, you've been pretending like you hate me. I love you very much. I love you as much as I love anybody, as much as I love myself. And in a few years when I haven't been around to be on your tail about something or irritating you, you could... remember that time that I bought you the baseball...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Emma Horton: You have beautiful eyes and your hair is too long. I mean, I don't care how long it gets in the back, but keep your bangs cut, ok? It's too long.
- Tommy Horton: That's a matter of opinion.”
“- Operator: I have an emergency phone call from Mrs. Aurora Greenway in Houston, Texas, for Mrs. Emma Horton.
- Sam Burns: Oh no!
- Emma Horton: No, she always does this when the lines busy. It's fine.”
“They got more guns in that part of the county than people.”
“A good marriage is different to a happy marriage.”
“The older you get, the more you've done.”
“- Sissy: I brought ya some coffee.
- Bud: Get me a beer.
- Sissy: Bud, if they smell beer on your breath at work…
- Bud: Just get me a beer!
- Sissy: Yes sir.”
“- Jennifer: I really want to thank you for taking me with you tonight. I mean, really.
- Maddy: Forget it. I mean, I know when you come to a new place you just can't find people you can relate to.
- Jennifer: Relate to? I would just like to meet one nice guy.
- Maddy: I go to the discotheques to kind of forget, you know? They're a great place to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Remember Heaven, Elmo? All you have to do is think about where you want to be and you're there.”
- Alexandra: I've just spent all goddamn morning showing you the evidence.
- Ricci: If that's what the Justice Department calls "evidence" these days, that's the scariest part of this whole conversation.
“- Bruce: A complex series of seductions and murders? That's just not something you see a woman do.
- Alexandra: Really? What part do you think a woman is not up to? The seduction or the murder?”
“- Vida Foudroyant: It's 12:47 and 23 seconds. Time to screw. Let's do it in the booth.
- Wilder Foudroyant: You're not serious.
- Vida Foudroyant: Yes, I really am!
- Wilder Foudroyant: Vida! Vida!
- Vida Foudroyant: Okay. Let's just find some hedges or something!”
“- Bud: What happened to your face?
- Sissy: Got hit.”
“- Maddy: I wanna split.
- Jennifer: Good.
- Maddy: You see, I meet these really hot guys and we're going to a really hot party, a boogie party, you know.”
“- Cathy Weaver: He named his dog after Ronald Reagan.
- Al Sanders: Well, he ain't all bad.”
“- Sissy: I finally got what I wanted. I got a real cowboy.
- Bud: And I got what I wanted. I finally got myself a real lady.”
“I tend to wear outfits that match the walls.”
“That's the first time I stopped hugging first. I like that.”
“- Bud: How are you gonna get home?
- Sissy: I got a thumb, I got a middle finger!”
“Back where I come from, there's this quaint old custom. When a guy makes up his mind to marry a girl, he asks her. It's called proposing. Did I miss it?”