Sophia Loren quotes
“Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. You must be able to sustain yourself against staggering blows. There is no code of conduct to help beginners. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent.”
“Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.”
“- Livius: You were always with me. Everywhere. I took you into battle with me. You were with me in the gold fields. But you know this.
- Lucilla: Only this. I know this. You were with me, too. Always!”
“- Marcus Aurelius: Death is in the order of things. Didn't they teach you that in school?
- Lucilla: I will not let you leave me.
- Marcus Aurelius: Is there a choice? Soon, this trickle of blood, these few bones, this net woven of nerves and arteries, will be dust. No choice.”
“As the dog fears the eagle, as the lamb fears the wolf, so is my heart and head with fear. Oh, mother Vesta, eternal mother of Rome, help me. Bring back the health of my father. Protect us from the danger which hangs - over the Empire. Let there be peace, over all Rome.”
“I thought, by living alone away from the world, I could find peace. Then I found there is no real peace in being alone. There is only loneliness.”
“- Lucilla: He is dead.
- Livius: He does not seem dead to me. I can still feel his life. And can hear his words.”
“- Mara: Why didn't you come back?
- Maj. Joe De Lucca: I'm sorry. The war got in the way.”
“Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.”
“Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent
what people think you've got.”
“- Maria Sophia Coletta Ragetti: I've never seen wine that comes in a box before.
- Max Goldman: Pretty fancy huh? Look, it’s even got its own tap.”
“- Maria Sophia Coletta Ragetti: I'd rather kiss a dead moose’s butt!
- Max Goldman: So, I'll call you?”