Jeanne Marie Tripplehorn quotes
“- Gwen's date: Lactose Intolerant.
- Gwen Moss: Well, the first step is admitting it.”
“- Harriet: I'm not married either. I suppose, because nobody ever asked me.
- Gwen Moss: Well, that's the other reason.”
“- Nick: I don't owe you anything! And you don't owe me anything. We went to bed 10, maybe 15 times. That's miserable enough to carry an obligation.
- Beth Garner: Sometimes I really hate you.
- Nick: Oh, then why don't you get yourself some friendly little therapist and try to work out all that hostility? Then maybe you can get off once in a while.”
“Why haven't I found someone? Am I so misshapen? So repellent? Why can't it just happen?”
“- Gina Vitale: It's called 'The La Trattoria'.
- Michael Felgate: You mean 'La Trattoria'.
- Gina Vitale: No.
- Michael Felgate: 'The La Trattoria' means 'The The Trattoria'.”
“Gerry, I'm a woman! We don't say what we want! But we reserve the right to get pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating! And not a little bit scary.”
“Oh God. Women with children. No... it's like a club that I can't get into. It's like that cool group in high school.”
“- Beth Garner: You've never been like that before. Why?
- Nick: You tell me, you're the shrink.
- Beth Garner: You weren't making love to me!
- Nick: Well, who was I making love to?
- Beth Garner: You weren't making love at all.”
“I'm trying to be your girlfriend Gerry! I'm trying to win you back! I'm standing on the platform at Limbo Central with my heart and soul packed in my suitcase waiting for the Gerry Fucking Express to roll in and tell me that my ticket is still valid and that I may reboard the train. Only the station announcer keeps coming on and telling me that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick: I'm working my ass off, I'm off the sauce, I even stopped smoking.
- Beth Garner: How's not smoking?
- Nick: It sucks.”
“I knew I would find true love. It was just a question of where... and when.”
It's the end of the 20th century and we've reached this point where people are frightened, they are full of... fright! And besides I was too young to get married for years and I went directly from "too young" to "why aren't you married, what's wrong with you?". And well, there were those ten minutes in 1992 when I was exactly the right age and... (continue)(continue reading)