“Chances Are” quotes(1989)
Plot – Young lawyer Louie Jeffries is married to Corinne, who's expecting a baby. After losing a trial where Fenwick, a corrupt judge, has absolved Boss Bonino, Louie dies in a car accident. In heaven he asks to be reincarnated because he has left many things undone. His request is approved and Louie lives a new life as Alex Finch, a 23-year-old journalism graduate. For a series of circumstances he's hosted at Corinne's, who has never remarried and lives in the cult of his deceased husband. Alex meets Miranda, Louie's daughter, and Philip, Louie's former friend and best man. The situation creates strange feelings in Alex as unexpectedly he feels he's the revived Louie. Alex's memories surprise and disturb Corinne too, until she convinces herself Alex is her beloved Louie and starts a relationship with the guy. As Alex notices Philip's feelings towards Corinne, he manages to make them stay together. When finally Alex regains all Louie's memories, he takes the opportunity to report the corrupt judge and he manages to get hired in the local newspaper.
All actors – Cybill Shepherd, Robert Downey Jr., Ryan O'Neal, Mary Stuart Masterson, Christopher McDonald, Josef Sommer, Joe Grifasi, Henderson Forsythe, Susan Ruttan, Lester Lanin, Richard DeAngelis, Franchelle Stewart Dornshow all
“Chances Are” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Omar: You're between bodies right now. Look, you're a soul, a spirit. The only way to get back is to be reborn. Any problem with that?
- Louie Jeffries: I guess not.”
“- Alex Finch: Where did you learn to dance like that?
- Miranda Jeffries: I inherited it from my father.”
“- Corinne Jeffries: Dr. Bailey. I came here to tell you... that I'm interested in someone. A man. Well, he's almost a man.
- Dr. Bailey: What do you mean?
- Corinne Jeffries: He's 22 years old. But it's not like I'm rushing into anything, I've known him for 26 years.”
“We're all connected. It's all connected under the skin. You never know who's lurking in what body. Your wife could be your Grandmother. You meet some guy who gets on your nerves, probably your mother-in-law. We keep meeting the souls we're attached to. For better or worse, life after life.”
“I'm finding out once and for all what it feels like to hold the woman I love. I've always loved and will always love untill the day I die. I love you, Corinne.”
“Oh, Dr. Bailey, I don't know if it's just his body I'm attracted to or his soul. Or if it's just me. Mmm. I'm feeling... generally... attractive. The truth is, I'm so ripe, I'm about to fall off the vine.”
“- Omar: Boy or a girl?
- Louie Jeffries: What's that?
- Omar: You want to be reborn a boy or a girl?
- Louie Jeffries: No, I don't want to be reborn at all. I want to go home right now.”
“- Dr. Bailey: How have you been feeling?
- Corinne Jeffries: Fantastic. It was Louie's birthday on Saturday. I baked him a cake with little cherries on it.
- Dr. Bailey: I thought we agreed that you were going to stop cooking for him.
- Corinne Jeffries: It was his birthday. It makes me happy to feed him. The Egyptians fed their dead.
- Dr....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Our rain forests are being destroyed at a rate of 50 acres a minute!”
“- Alex Finch: Have you had a happy life?
- Miranda Jeffries: Yeah, I guess so.
- Alex Finch: Is there anything you've wanted that you haven't had?
- Miranda Jeffries: My father.”
“Sometimes I wonder why I worry about past lives at all. I'm having so much trouble with this one. When you remember your past lives, it's like, your emotions get spread like a dangling nerve all over the map. It makes it very hard to live.”