- Movie quotes
- Father of the Bride
“Father of the Bride” quotes
Title Father of the Bride
Plot – After a year spent studying abroad, Annie Banks comes back home in the United States with her family. She's no longer a teenager but a grown woman who's engaged to a wealthy guy, Brian McKenzie. They want to get married soon, but this is a terrible news to her father George, while her mother Nina is very happy. After agreeing to the wedding, George doesn't imagine what is waiting for him: the decoration of their whole house by Frank Eggelhoffer, a frivolous wedding organizer.
All actors – Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Kieran Culkin, George Newbern, Martin Short, BD Wong, Peter Michael Goetz, Kate McGregor-Stewart, Carmen Hayward, April Ortiz, Mina Vasquez
“I remember how her little hand used to fit inside mine.”
“- Annie Banks: He's an independentcommunications consultant.
- George Banks: Independent?
- Annie Banks: Yes.
- George Banks: That's code for unemployed!”
“- George Banks: Drive carefully. And don't forget to fasten your condom.
- Annie Banks: Dad!
- George: Seat belt! I meant, I meant seat belt.”
“Give me a little credit, George. I'm not going to marry some ape who wants me to wear go-go boots and an apron.”
“He's like you, dad! Except he's brilliant.”
“Some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink.”
“- George Banks: Swans?
- Annie Banks: Yes, Frank thought it'd be nice to have swans waddling around the tulip border.
- George Banks: We don't have a tulip border.
- Andrea - the Florist: [handing him a bill] You will.”
“A blender? I mean, what is this? 1958? Give the little wife a blender?”
- George Banks: I have a great idea where we can have this lovely, not small, but not too big wedding.
- Nina Banks: You do? Where?
- George Banks: At our favorite restaurant. The place we've been eating at for fifteen years. The best. The Steak Pit!
- Annie Banks: Dad, get serious.
- Matty Banks: I don't think you want the word "Pit" on a... (continue)(continue reading)
“- George Banks: You look like you're enjoying seeing me in here.
- Nina Banks: Enjoying? Do you think it's enjoyable to get a phone call telling you to come down to the police station because your husband's been arrested for stealing hot dog buns?”
“I used to think a wedding was a simple affair. Boy and girl meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do. I was wrong. That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition.”
“- Matty Banks: Can I put Cameron back on the list if he promises not to eat?
- George Banks: You know, that's not a badidea. Who else can we ask not to eat? My parents and your mother.
- Annie Banks: Why don't we just charge people? That way we can make money on the wedding?”