“Now and Then” quotes(1995)
Plot – In the summer of 1970, in the village of Gaslight Addiction, Indiana, four 12-year-old girls live an intense friendship full of adventures. After many years, the women meet up in the house of one of them, who’s about to give birth. They remember the old days together. Roberta now is a doctor, Samantha is a writer, Teeny is an actress and Chrissy is a housewife married to a dentist. After the flashback, narrated by Samantha’s voice-over, the four friends meet again in the delivery room.
All actors – Christina Ricci, Rosie O'Donnell, Thora Birch, Melanie Griffith, Gaby Hoffmann, Demi Moore, Ashleigh Aston Moore, Rita Wilson, Devon Sawa, Walter Sparrow, Cloris Leachman, Lolita Davidovich, Janeane Garofalo, Hank Azaria, Bonnie Hunt, Rumer Willis, Bradley Coryell, Justin Humphrey, Travis Robertson, James Wilson Keane, Ric Reitz, Kellen Crosby, Joey Stinson, James Paul Cleckler, Tucker Stone, Carl Espy, Jamison B. Dowd, Beverly Shelton, Geoff McKnight, T.S. Morgan, Alice Tew, Rand Courtney, Brendan Fraser, Brandon Kleylashow all
“Now and Then” Quotes 15 quotes
“Things will happen in your life that you can't stop. But that's no reason to shut out the world.”
“- Teeny: No, you're lucky, Roberta. Men love them when they're big. Look how big mine are today.
- Samantha: They almost look real.
- Teeny: They're filled with pudding.
- Samantha: Pudding?
- Teeny: The Wormers actually gave me the idea. Jello is too jiggly. Pudding has a heavier, more realistic texture.
- Chrissy: What flavor is it?
- Teeny:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All women have a garden, and a garden needs a big hose to water it... or a small hose... as long as it works.”
“Thomas Wolfe once said you can't go home again. Well, that's great for old Tom. But he wasn't a chick who made a pact with her friends when she was twelve to get together whenever any one of them needed each other. So here I am driving back to my childhood home in Indiana a place I can tell you I never wanted to see again.
I guess a promise is a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chrissy: It makes me look fat.
- Teeny: You are fat.
- Chrissy: I am not fat! Am I fat?”
“- Roberta: I think you'll make a great mum Chrissy, a little overbearing and rigid, but by the grace of God the kid will come out relativity unharmed, if not there's always therapy.
- Samantha: This whole baby thing baffles me, I mean you have it, you raise it, you inevitably screw it up, it resents you, feels guilty for resenting you and then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Roberta: You can't get pregnant from french-kissing!
- Chrissy: I know that, beetle-brain, but it's common knowledge that if you tongue-kiss a boy, he automatically thinks you'll do the deed with him. They can't help it. They're driven. It's the male curse.
- Samantha: Oh? And what deed would that be?
- Chrissy: You know... planting the seed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened and we can't.”
“When you're 12, without effort, you live in the moment. You don't regret the past or worry about the future, and in that moment, Teeny filled my heart with hope and comfort.”
“- Teeny: Chrissy, truth or dare?
- Chrissy: Truth.
- Teeny: Have you ever been french kissed?
- Chrissy: Are you kidding? I don't want to get pregnant!”
“I don't want to see a lot of people, I don't think they want to see a lot of me.”