“- Danny Muldoon: I'll pick you up at seven. Where do you live?
- Theresa Luna: Here.
- Danny Muldoon: With the stiffs?
- Theresa Luna: My father and I have an apartment upstairs.”
“Only the Lonely” quotes(1991)
Plot – Danny Muldoon is a burly but shy police officer who loves Theresa Luna, the daughter of an Italian undertaker. Their love story has a devastating effect on the relationship between Muldoon and his mother Rose, an Irish, irascible and tyrannical widow with whom Danny is currently living. Danny has many hallucinations about his mother, he sees her constantly in danger, but he's determined to marry Theresa. To console herself, Rose accepts Nick Acropolis's proposal.
All actors – John Candy, Maureen O'Hara, Ally Sheedy, Kevin Dunn, Milo O'Shea, Bert Remsen, Anthony Quinn, Jim Belushi, Joe Greco, Marvin J. McIntyre, Macaulay Culkin, Kieran Culkinshow all
“Only the Lonely” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Nick Acropolis: Rose! Rose, I am trying again. Will you please accept these flowers?
- Rose Muldoon: I don't want them. And I don't date Greeks.
- Nick Acropolis: You know, you and I could make each other so happy. Greek men are great lovers.
- Rose Muldoon: And Greek men never bathe.”
“- Salvatore Buonarte: Let him fall.
- Danny Muldoon: To the ground?
- Salvatore Buonarte: Yeah!
- Danny Muldoon: A fall like that could kill a guy!
- Salvatore Buonarte: He's dead for Chrissake! He's not gonna mind!”
“- Danny Muldoon: You called dad's bosses filthy Jew shylocks!
- Rose Muldoon: They never gave him a raise. Not in 12 years. Not one Christmas bonus.
- Danny Muldoon: Ma, the vice president of Florsheim and his wife were Jewish!
- Rose Muldoon: How was I supposed to know? They didn't look Jewish. I wasn't talking about them. They took it personal.”
“- Danny Muldoon: Theresa is probably a little nervous, you know, being here with us and all. You know, you can understand that.
- Rose Muldoon: It's the first signs of alcoholism.
- Danny Muldoon: What?
- Rose Muldoon: I read it in Reader's Digest.
- Theresa Luna: Rose, I can assure you I'm not an alcoholic.
- Rose Muldoon: Denial - that's...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Rose Muldoon: I had a Pollock friend once. She was incredibly stupid...
- Danny Muldoon: Don't do this, Ma.
- Rose Muldoon: ... Julie Kapowski. She was the stupidest woman that I ever knew. She believed that black cows... black cows squirted chocolate milk!”
“- Doyle: If I'd gotten married, I wouldn't be where I am now.
- Spats: In a tavern?
- Doyle: Free! Living like a king!”
“- Father Strapovic: You feel threatened by Theresa.
- Rose Muldoon: Threatened?
- Father Strapovic: Yes. See, she's taking up a lot of Danny's time, so you're feeling threatened that she's trying to steal your son.
- Rose Muldoon: What?
- Father Strapovic: Rose, I know you realize it's the nineties, I'm just not sure you realize it's the...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Danny Muldoon: I guess you didn't hurt cousin Jerry when you called his German wife a Nazi who probably slept with Hitler.
- Rose Muldoon: Well, there's no proof that she didn't.”