“Romeo + Juliet” quotes(1996)
Plot – Verona Beach, California. The Capulets' and the Montagues' are divided by ancient rivalries. The two heirs Romeo and Juliet fall in love but are forced to secrecy. When Mercutio, Romeo's friend, is killed in a fight, Romeo kills a Capulet in revenge. He's exiled then to Mantua to expiate his action. A priest tries to help the couple but, due to a mistake, Romeo thinks Juliet is dead and he kills himself. The girl was only sleeping and when she wakes up, she sees Romeo dying near her. Shortly, the girl takes her life as well and the curse between the two rival families continues.
All actors – Leonardo DiCaprio, Claire Danes, John Leguizamo, Harold Perrineau, Pete Postlethwaite, Paul Sorvino, Brian Dennehy, Paul Rudd, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Miriam Margolyes, Jesse Bradford, M. Emmet Walsh, Zak Orth, Jamie Kennedy, Dash Mihok, Vincent Laresca, Carlos Martín Manzo Otálora, Christina Pickles, Diane Venora, Pedro Altamirano, John Sterlini, Harriet Sansom Harris, Michael Corbett, Edwina Moore, Quindon Tarver, Jorge Abraham, Fausto Barona, Ricardo Barona, Catalina Botello, Mario Cimarro, Farnesio de Bernal, Des'ree, Ismael Eguiarte, Rodrigo Escandon, Paco Morayta, Alex Newman, Cory Newman, Lupita Ochoa, Gloria Silva, Carolyn Valero, Margarita Wynneshow all
“Romeo + Juliet” Quotes 12 quotes
“Did my heart love 'til now? Forswear its sight. For I never saw true beauty 'til this night.”
“And when I shall die, take him and cut him up in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will fall in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
“- Benvolio: Why, Romeo, art thou mad?
- Romeo: Not mad, but bound more than a mad man is. Shut up in prison, kept without my food, whipped and tormented.”
“The world is not thy friend, nor the world's law.”
“- Romeo: O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?
- Juliet: What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?
- Romeo: The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine.
- Juliet: I gave thee mine before thou didst request it!”
“- Juliet: O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon, who monthly changes in her circled orb, lest that thy love prove likewise variable.
- Romeo: What shall I swear by?
- Juliet: Do not swear at all. Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self, which is the God of my idolatry, and I'll believe thee.”
“- Juliet: O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet.
- Romeo: Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
- Juliet: 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy, thou art thyself though not a Montague.”
“- Romeo: I dreamt a dream tonight.
- Mercutio: And so did I.
- Romeo: And what was yours?
- Mercutio: That dreamers often lie.”