“Thelma & Louise” quotes(1991)
Plot – Louise Sawyer, a waitress in a fast food, plans a weekend in the mountains with her friend Thelma Dickinson, a housewife married to Darryl, an arrogant and hypocritical man. During a break in a dance hall, Thelma gets drunk and a man tries to rape her. Louise threatens him with a gun and accidentally shoots him. The two women drive in a panic to Mexico to escape police. Louise borrows her boyfriend Jimmy some money, but a hitchhiker steals it. The two friends start so to rob supermarkets and Lieutenant Hal Slochum in vain tries to convince them to surrender.
All actors – Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis, Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen, Christopher McDonald, Stephen Tobolowsky, Brad Pitt, Timothy Carhart, Lucinda Jenney, Jason Beghe, Sonny Carl Davis, Ken Swofford, Shelly Desai, Carol Mansell, Stephen Polk, Rob Roy Fitzgerald, Jack Lindine, Michael Delman, Kristel L. Rose, Noel L. Walcott III, , Gregory J. Barnett, Mamie Jean Calvert, John Carey, John Michael Quinn, Charlie Sexton, Marco St. John, Billy Tim, Robert 'Bobby Z' Zajoncshow all
“Thelma & Louise” Quotes 16 quotes
“You get what you settle for.”
“Look, you shoot off a guy's head with his pants down, believe me, Texas is not the place you wanna get caught.”
“- Thelma: Wait. What? You wanna go to Mexico from Oklahoma, but you don't wanna go through Texas?
- Louise: Thelma, you know how I feel about Texas! We're not going that way!
- Thelma: Yeah, I know, Louise, but we're running for our lives. I mean, can't you make an exception? I mean, look at the map! The only thing between Oklahoma and Mexico is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Uh, yeah, well, if she calls, just be gentle. You know, like, you're really happy to hear from her. Like you really miss her. Women love that shit.”
“Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you all for your cooperation. Now, stay down on the floor 'til I'm gone and have a good day.”
“- Thelma: You're a real live outlaw, aren't ya?
- J.D.: Well, I may be an outlaw, darlin', but, uh, you're the one stealin' my heart.”
“- Jimmy: Why don't you try it on? You didn't see that one coming, did you?
- Louise: Why, Jimmy? Why now?
- Jimmy: Try not to get too excited, Louise. I just flew across two states with that ring in my fuckin' hand, and uh... you know I hate to fly.”
“Well, now, I've always believed that done properly, armed robbery doesn't have to be a totally unpleasant experience.”
“- Thelma: Oh, Louise, umm, will you take care of this gun?
- Louise: What in hell did you bring that for?
- Thelma: Oh, come on! Psycho killers, or bears or snakes? I just don't know how to use it. Will you take care of it?”
“In the future, when a woman's crying like that, she isn't having any fun!”