America Ferrera quotes
“ It is literally impossible to be a woman. You are so beautiful and so smart, and it kills me that you don't think you're good enough. Like, we have to always be extraordinary, but somehow we're always doing it wrong. You have to be thin, but not too thin. And you can never say you want to be thin. You have to say you want to be healthy, but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Astrid: So, what are you going to do about it?
- Hiccup: Probably something stupid.
- Astrid: That's the Hiccup I know.”
“- Hiccup: Three hundred years, and I'm the first Viking who wouldn't kill a dragon!
- Astrid: First to ride one, though. So...?
- Hiccup: I wouldn't kill him, because he looked as frightened as I was. I looked at him... and I saw myself.”
“- Carmen: We have gathered here today to celebrate a magical gift that has been given to us...
- Tibby: Then why had we to pay for it?”
“It's okay to miss her. I mean, as hard as it is to be sad about it, don't you think maybe it's harder not to be?”
“- Bridget: I just want to feel good and happy and alive. Because if I feel alive then it doesn't seem like she's dead. And if I'm not sad then it proves that I'm not like her.
- Carmen: You don't have to prove that to anybody. You have a strength in you that your mom never had. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't find it.”
“You've found yourself this new family and I feel like some outsider that doesn't even belong to you anymore. It's like you traded me and mom in for something that you thought was better. And I wanna know why. Are you ashamed of me? Are you embarrassed? What did I do wrong? You just seem so happy about being Paul and Chris's dad, but you never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It would be easy to say that the pants changed everything that summer. But looking back now I feel like our lives changed because they had to, and that the real magic of the pants was in bearing witness to all of this and in somehow holding us together when it felt like nothing would ever be the same again.”
“You're the one who walks around saying screw the world because that's easier than having to feel something!”
“- Tibby: Maybe sometimes it's easier to be mad at the people you trust.
- Carmen: Why?
- Tibby: Because you know they'll always love you, no matter what.”