Lupita Nyong'o quotes
“- Adelaide Wilson: You know how sometimes things line up?
- Gabe Wilson: Yeah.
- Adelaide Wilson: You know, like coincidences. Since we’ve been here, they’ve been happening more and more. I think I feel like it means like she’s getting closer.
- Gabe Wilson: Who? The mirror girl?
- Adelaide Wilson: You don’t believe me.
- Gabe Wilson: I do. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Slavery is something that is all too often swept under the carpet. The shame doesn't even belong to us, but we still experience it because we're a part of the African race. If it happened to one, it happened to all. We carry that burden.”
“I discovered that joy is not the negation of pain, but rather acknowledging the presence of pain and feeling happiness in spite of it.”
“In the madness, you have to find calm.”
“Home is where my family is.”
“- Gabe Wilson: Let's make some traps or something, like some 'Home Alone' type stuff. That way, if she comes...
- Adelaide Wilson: Tell me you did not just reference 'Home Alone'.
- Gabe Wilson: You know what I'm talking about.
- Adelaide Wilson: Gabe. They've been planning this. They have the upper hand. This is the time to run, not to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“They look exactly like us. They think like us. They know where we are. We need to move and keep moving. They won't stop until they kill us... or we kill them.”
“It is my duty to fight for who I... for the things I love.”
“No matter where you go or what they may call you, you will always be my son.”
“You can't let your father's mistakes define who you are. You get to decide what kind of king you are going to be.”
“- Bagheera: I'm the one who brought him to you. And now I'll return him to where he belongs.
- Raksha: [goes in front of Mowgli] I won't let you. He's my cub!”
“The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in.”