Michael Shannon quotes
“- Lor-Em: General Zod, for the crimes of murder and high treason, the council has sentenced you and your fellow insurgents to 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning. Do you have any last words?
- General Zod: You won't kill us yourself! You wouldn't dirty your hands but you'll damn us to a black hole for eternity! Jor-El was right! You're a pack...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Robert Hoffstetler: He's bleeding. What happened?
- Richard Strickland: It's an animal, Hoffstetler. Just keepin' it tame.”
“- Richard Strickland: The thing we keep in there is an affront. Do you know what an affront is, Zelda?
- Zelda: Something offensive?
- Richard Strickland: That's right. And I should know, I dragged that... filthy thing... out of the river muck in South America all the way here. And along the way we didn't get to like each other much. Now. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Bobby Andes: What you gonna tell me about Ray and Turk?
- Lou: Who?
- Bobby Andes: "Who"? What are you, an owl? You an owl, Lou?
“There's only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die, or I do.”
“I do not fail. I deliver.”
“- Tony Hastings: What we're gonna do?
- Bobby Andes: It's a question of how serious you are about seeing justice done.”
“- Walter: You know, talking to you is like riding on a fucking merry-go-round.
- Rosen: That's a marvelous image, Walter. Because by going in circles, we find things we missed the first time around.”
“My name is General Zod. I come from a world far from yours. For some time, your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his existence a secret from you. He will have made efforts to blend in. He will look like you, but he is not one of you.”
“- Wilee: Who are you, man?
- Bobby Monday: I'm the guy you don't fuck with.”
“Everybody's constantly being destroyed and rebuilding themselves, some more drastically than others.”
“Recently, for a second or two I almost felt like things were okay with the world. Strange to feel that way, when you know there are wars everywhere, everything's going to hell in a hand basket. But still I must admit, for a moment, I felt some kind of peace.”
“- April Wheeler: I hear you're a mathematician.
- John Givings: You hear wrong. Its all gone now.
- April Wheeler: All gone?
- John Givings: You know what electrical shock treatments are?
- April Wheeler: Yes. Yes, I do.
- John Givings: I had thirty-seven. It's supposed to jolt out the emotional problems. It just jolted out the mathematics.”
“You have a center, right? A place inside of you that's just you, that hasn't been spoiled. And I think it's really important to try and keep that space sacred. Sex or relationships cloud that space... or they cloud me I guess, and make it difficult to be just me and not have to worry about... being somebody else.”