Michael Shannon quotes
- From the movie: Bullet Train
“If you don’t control your fate, it will control you.”
You know, when I was a boy, my father tried to whip me with a branch. But after the first hit, it broke into three little pieces. And we just stood there, looking at this shattered stick on the ground. And then I noticed there was a leather strap hanging on the wall, so I pointed to it and said, “Look. That’s the better one.” And he stopped. I... (continue)(continue reading)
“Franklin Pope-Don’t let him agitate you. This is how he is. Before he was a wizard, I let him live in my basement. My wife wouldn’t have him at the table with us unless he cleaned himself. And, boy, given the ultimatum, the man ate alone.
George Westinghouse-How does he work?
Franklin Pope-You want to know his secret? He engineers his own...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The value of something isn't what someone's willing to pay, but the value of something is what it contributes.”
“- Lor-Em: General Zod, for the crimes of murder and high treason, the council has sentenced you and your fellow insurgents to 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning. Do you have any last words?
- General Zod: You won't kill us yourself! You wouldn't dirty your hands but you'll damn us to a black hole for eternity! Jor-El was right! You're a pack...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Missing Person
- From the movie: Mud
“- Dr. Robert Hoffstetler: He's bleeding. What happened?
- Richard Strickland: It's an animal, Hoffstetler. Just keepin' it tame.”
“- Richard Strickland: The thing we keep in there is an affront. Do you know what an affront is, Zelda?
- Zelda: Something offensive?
- Richard Strickland: That's right. And I should know, I dragged that... filthy thing... out of the river muck in South America all the way here. And along the way we didn't get to like each other much. Now. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Bobby Andes: What you gonna tell me about Ray and Turk?
- Lou: Who?
- Bobby Andes: "Who"? What are you, an owl? You an owl, Lou?
“There's only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die, or I do.”
“I do not fail. I deliver.”
“- Dr. Robert Hoffstetler: This creature is intelligent. Capable of language... Of understanding emotions!
- Richard Strickland: So are the Soviets. The gooks. And we still kill them, don't we?”
- From the movie: Freeheld
“- Tony Hastings: What we're gonna do?
- Bobby Andes: It's a question of how serious you are about seeing justice done.”
- From the movie: The Woodsman
“- Walter: You know, talking to you is like riding on a fucking merry-go-round.
- Rosen: That's a marvelous image, Walter. Because by going in circles, we find things we missed the first time around.”
“My name is General Zod. I come from a world far from yours. For some time, your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his existence a secret from you. He will have made efforts to blend in. He will look like you, but he is not one of you.”
- From the movie: Revolutionary Road
“The hopeless emptiness? Now, you've said it. Plenty of people are on to the emptiness; but, it takes real guts to see the hopelessness.”
- From the movie: Premium Rush
“- Wilee: Who are you, man?
- Bobby Monday: I'm the guy you don't fuck with.”
- From the movie: Bug
It's the way things are, it's "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer." They devised a plan to manipulate technology, economics, the media, population control, world religion, to keep things the way they are. And they have continued to meet once a year, every year, since the original meeting.