“All That Jazz” quotes(1979)
Plot – Joe Gideon, a choreographer, is staging a great Broadway show. He is the best one in his field but, as every brilliant artist, he is never satisfied. He can’t choose the actors and the actresses, he constantly corrects the scripts, the rehearsal are exhausting and he always makes up his mind.
All actors – Roy Scheider, Jessica Lange, Leland Palmer, Ann Reinking, Cliff Gorman, Ben Vereen, Erzsebet Foldi, Michael Tolan, Max Wright, William LeMassena, Irene Kane, Deborah Geffner, Kathryn Doby, Anthony Holland, Robert Hitt, David Margulies, Sue Paul, Keith Gordon, Frankie Man, Alan Heim, John Lithgow, Sandahl Bergman, Eileen Casey, Bruce Anthony Davis, Gary Flannery, Jennifer Nairn-Smith, Danny Ruvolo, Leland Schwantes, John Sowinski, Candace Tovar, Rima Vetter, Trudy Carson, Mary Sue Finnerty, Lesley Kingley, P.J. Mann, Cathy Rice, Sonja Stuart, Terri Treas, Ralph E. Berntsen, Jan Flato, John Paul Fetta, Andy Schwartz, Robert Levine, Phil Friedman, Stephen Strimpell, Leonard Drum, Eugene Troobnick, Jules Fisher, Ben Masters, Cathie Shirriff, Joanna Merlin, Leah Ayres, Nancy Beth Bird, Harry Agress, CCH Pounder, Tito Goya, Tiger Haynes, Lotte Palfi Andor, K.C. Townsend, Melanie Hunter, Rita Bennett, Gary Bayer, Wayne Carson, Kerry Casserly, Judi Passeltiner, Steve Elmore, Nicole Fosse, Vicki Frederick, Minnie Gaster, Michael Green, Bruce MacCallum, Joyce Ellen Hill, I.M. Hobson, Edith Kramer, Barbara McKinley, Mary McCarty, Theresa Merritt, Gavin Moses, Mary Mon Toy, Wallace Shawn, Jacqueline Solotar, Sloane Shelton, Sammy Smith, Arnold Gross, Kenneth Boys, Ken Butler, Jane Culley, Joseph Hardy, Michael Hinton, Llewellyn Laffordshow all
“All That Jazz” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Dancer Backstage 1: Fuck him! He never picks me!
- Dancer Backstage 2: Honey, I did fuck him and he never picks me either.”
“You know what death with dignity is, man? You don't drool.”
“Don't bullshit a bullshitter.”
“Sometimes I don't know where the bullshit ends and the truth begins.”
“Now Sinatra will never record it.”
“- Joe Gideon: Kate, I try to give you everything I can give.
- Kate Jagger: You give all right; presents, clothes. I just wish you weren't so generous with your cock.”
“At least I won't have to lie to you any more.”
“- Lucas Sergeant: I think of you as a father, Jonesy.
- Jonesy Hecht: And you, a son to me.”
“- Joe Gideon: To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
- Angelique: That's very theatrical, Joe.
- Joe Gideon: Yeah, I know.
- Angelique: Did you make that up?
- Joe Gideon: I wish I had.”
“- Michelle: It's just that I keep wondering, Dad. Why don't you get married again?
- Joe Gideon: I don't get married again because I can't find anyone I dislike enough to inflict that kind of torture on.”
- Joe Gideon: No, nothing I ever do is good enough. Not beautiful enough, it's not funny enough, it's not deep enough, it's not anything enough. Now, when I see a rose, that's perfect. I mean, that's perfect. I want to look up to God and say, "How the hell did you do that? And why the hell can't I do that?".
- Angelique: Now that's probably one... (continue)(continue reading)
“Do you suppose Stanley Kubrick ever gets depressed?”
“- Joe Gideon: I always look for the worst in other people.
- Angelique: A little of yourself in them?
- Joe Gideon: A little of myself. And generally, I find it.”
“- Joe Gideon: Anybody got any ideas?
- Stacy: Joe, I really like it, I think it's really funny.
- Joe Gideon: Who asked you, Stacy?”
“- Victoria: You're right. I'm terrible. I know I'm terrible. I look at the mirror and I'm ashamed. Maybe I should quit. I just can't seem to do anything right.
- Joe Gideon: Listen. I can't make you a great dancer. I don't even know if I can make you a good dancer. But, if you keep trying and don't quit, I know I can make you a better dancer....” (continue)(continue reading)