Eric Idle quotes
“Carrigan! Are you a ghost yet? Carrigan! What a tragic waste. She had my favorite sunglasses.”
“- Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen: I'm Baron Munchausen!
- Berthold: That sounds nasty. Is it contagious?”
“God is very busy. He can't control all the details. He's running a franchise operation.”
“Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true.”
“- Harvey 'Blind' Pew: I may be blind, but I have acute earing.
- Commander Clement: I'm not interested in your jewellery, cloth eyes.”
“- Brian Hope: Explain the Trinity.
- Charlie McManus: Hmmm... well, it's a bit of a bugger.”
“I was doomed to an eternity in the fires of hell as a Christian and a horrendous rebirth as a Hindu.”
“- Adoption Agent: She insisted that you were adopted by a member of the working class to save you from the curse of money.
- Tommy Patel: How very thoughtful...”
“- Harry Blackitt: Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
- Mrs. Blackitt: What are we dear?
- Harry Blackitt: Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.”
“Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say: some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble; give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best. And... always look on the bright side of life...”
“- Francis: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
- Stan aka Loretta: I want to be one.
- Reg: What?
- Stan aka Loretta: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
- Reg: What?
- Stan aka Loretta: It's my right as a man.”
“She never stopped fighting to have things her way.”
“Honestly, darling, I'm so embarrassed. I mean to serve salmon with botulism at a dinner party is social death.”
“- Devon: When we get to Camelot, we'll be kissed by the world's most beautiful women.
- Cornwall: Yeah, we're a giant talking lizard with two heads. We're gonna have to beat them off with a stick.”
“I just realized I'm not a rottweiler after all! I'm a retriever!”
- Brian Hope: I thought you were supposed to be eating fish on a Friday.
- Charlie McManus: No, you're way out of date. Vatican II said we don't have to do that anymore.
- Brian Hope: Who's "Vatican II"? The deputy pope?
- Charlie McManus: Ignoramus. You can't have a deputy pope. The pope's infallible; you can't be deputy-infallible!
“- Kitty: You practically date-raped me!
- Tommy Patel: I what? I date-raped you six times!
- Kitty: Well, perhaps I did encourage you a bit.
- Tommy Patel: A bit!”