Cynicism quotes50 cynicism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a Utopian anarchist — which means nothing. You know, the intellectuals take over and the government crumbles. I'm a less than convincing dilettante, much less an intellectual. I go to the store for a loaf of bread and come back with a quart of milk. So I act. To compensate for this indignity they put roses in the dressing room on the first...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Most cynics are really crushed romantics: they've been hurt, they're sensitive, and their cynicism is a shell that's protecting this tiny, dear part in them that's still alive.”
“- Victoria Lasseter: You're going to kill him for trying to leavetown?
- Adrian Yates: That's a security breach. I'm just doing my job.
- Victoria Lasseter: He's a human being.
- Adrian Yates: They're assets.
- Victoria Lasseter: He's an American citizen.
- Adrian Yates: They're government property.
- Victoria Lasseter: Are you actually fucking...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're an improbable person, Eve, and so am I. We have that in common. Also, our contempt for humanity and inability to love, and be loved, insatiable ambition, and talent. We deserve each other.”
“- Lloyd Richards: That bitter cynicism of yours is something you've acquired since you left Radcliffe!
- Karen: The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!”
“A square shooter if ever there was one.”
“- Judy Hopps: Tomorrow's another day.
- Pronk Oryx-Antlerson: Yeah, but it might be worse!”
“If they get caught, we throw them under the bus.”
“- Hedda Hopper: Drinking alone?
- Dalton Trumbo: Preferably.
- Hedda Hopper: And what are you up to these days?
- Dalton Trumbo: You know, Hedda, another one of these and I just might tell you.
- Hedda Hopper: Oh, then I'm buying.”
“I've been everywhere and seen everything and done everything. I've had a very bad time, Nicky. I'm pretty cynical about everything.”
“Life isn't some cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true.”
“I'm not wasteful. I take life for specific reasons.”
“I hope she dies right away... On second thought, I hope she suffers quite a bit before she dies. I just hope her pathetic screams can't be heard from my room, because I was thinking about having a lie down, and I need peace and quiet. I was playing golf, and the last thing I need is some woman dying slowly and loudly.”
“Everyone comes to Zootopia, thinking they could be anything they want. But you can't. You can only be what you are.”
“It has put the weapons of this war back in your hands of you, the young, the powerful.”
“- Ben Parish: What did we do to deserve...
- Colonel Vosch: Nothing. Other than occupy a space we need. We're not that different, Ben. Your kind would do exactly the same thing.
- Ben Parish: No. Our kind wouldn't have wiped out an entire species.
- Colonel Vosch: Of course you would. You've been doing it for centuries.”
“We're stuck in a cycle where nobody wants to change. They're spouting they're changing but they're not doing anything.They're doing the same thing but just with a different look.”
“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.”
“Loving someone is just delayed pain, isn't it?”
“Don't ever think that the world owes you anything, because it doesn't. The world doesn't owe you a thing.”
“- Dr. Cyril Wecht: Yeah, well, it's not medicine. I don't know what it is.
- Dr. Julian Bailes: It's business.”