“My Girl” quotes(1991)
Plot – Harry Sultenfuss is a widower since 1961, the year in which the little Vera was born and when his wife died giving birth. Harry is a funeral director, he loves his 11-year-old daughter and doesn’t want to marry again. Vera is a bit weird, she is in love with one of her teachers and her only friend is the shy and bespectacled Thomas. Moreover, Vera takes too seriously her dad’s customers diseases and she is very jealous of him so, when Harry begins to know Shelly better, she’s not very happy. The plot is a good coming-of-age story.
All actors – Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Macaulay Culkin, Anna Chlumsky, Richard Masur, Griffin Dunne, Ray Buktenica, Ann Nelson, Peter Michael Goetz, Jane Hallaren, Anthony R. Jones, Tom Villard, Lara Steinick, Kristian Truelsen, David Caprita, Jody Wilson, Linda Perri, Nancy L. Chlumsky, Glenda Chism, Bill Cordell, George Colangelo, Anthony Finazzo, Shane Obedzinski, Zachary McLemore, T.J. Collazo, Cassi Abel, Amanda Cole, Bree Butler, Harvey Bellman, John DeRussy, Henry Kohn, Florence Mistrot, Anthony Giaimo, Edgar Allan Poe IV, Robert V. Girolami, Kurt Smildsin, Paul Nagle Jr., Lynn Sellers, Blair Barnette, Sven Granlund, Victor Iemolo, Kevin Scott Richardson, L.A. Rothmanshow all
“My Girl” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Shelly DeVoto: You know, Vada, you have to watch what you eat at the carnival. I remember one summer I went with my two older cousins, and they both ate hot dogs, and the next day they had nephritis.
- Vada Sultenfuss: Nephritis is a kidney disease, you don't get it from eating hot dogs.”
“Get outta here! And don't come back for five to seven days!”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: I think... everybody gets their own white horse and all they do is ride them and eat marshmallows all day. And everybody's best friends with everybody else. When you play sports, there's no teams, so nobody gets picked last.
- Thomas J. Sennett: But what if you're afraid to ride horses?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Doesn't matter 'cause...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vada Sultenfuss: Have you ever kissed anyone?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Like they do on TV?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Hm-mm.
- Thomas J. Sennett: No.
- Vada Sultenfuss: Well maybe we should, just to see what's the big deal.”
“- Thomas J. Sennett: I'm gonna drive us to Liverpool.
- Shelly DeVoto: Liverpool?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Big Ringo fan.”
“Life isn't just death. Don't ignore the living.”
“- Thomas J. Sennett: Vada?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Yeah?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Would you think of me?
- Vada Sultenfuss: For what?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Well, if you don't get to marry Mr. Bixler.
- Vada Sultenfuss: I guess.”
“My fears and secrets: I'm afraid I killed my mother.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: California. I'm going to Hollywood to live with the Brady Bunch.
- Thomas J. Sennet: I wanna live with them too.
- Vada Sultenfuss: No, you can't. They have enough kids. You'll have to live with the Partridge Family.
- Thomas J. Sennet: Really?!”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: Say something, it's too quiet.
- Thomas J. Sennett: Umm, Ummmmm...
- Vada Sultenfuss: [agitated] Just hurry.
- Thomas J. Sennett: I pledgeallegiance to the flag of the United States of America...
- Vada Sultenfuss, Thomas J. Sennett: ...And to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vada Sultenfuss: Why do you think people want to get married?
- Thomas J. Sennett: When you get older, you just have to.”