Anna Chlumsky quotes
“- Shelly DeVoto: You know, Vada, you have to watch what you eat at the carnival. I remember one summer I went with my two older cousins, and they both ate hot dogs, and the next day they had nephritis.
- Vada Sultenfuss: Nephritis is a kidney disease, you don't get it from eating hot dogs.”
“Get outta here! And don't come back for five to seven days!”
- From the TV Series: Inventing Anna
“I wanted to learn everything. So I could be anything.”
“Kids are truthful by nature.”
“- Rose Zsigmond: I don't suppose your father gave you permission to pierce your ears?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Not exactly.
- Rose Zsigmond: Well, just don't shave your legs. Your father will never let you visit us again if I send you back hairless and full of holes.”
“When they come, tell them that we went boating and got lost. Nothing about Ray, and nothing about the gold.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: I think... everybody gets their own white horse and all they do is ride them and eat marshmallows all day. And everybody's best friends with everybody else. When you play sports, there's no teams, so nobody gets picked last.
- Thomas J. Sennett: But what if you're afraid to ride horses?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Doesn't matter 'cause...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Vada Sultenfuss: Have you ever kissed anyone?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Like they do on TV?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Hm-mm.
- Thomas J. Sennett: No.
- Vada Sultenfuss: Well maybe we should, just to see what's the big deal.”
“- Thomas J. Sennett: I'm gonna drive us to Liverpool.
- Shelly DeVoto: Liverpool?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Big Ringo fan.”
“Life isn't just death. Don't ignore the living.”
“- Thomas J. Sennett: Vada?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Yeah?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Would you think of me?
- Vada Sultenfuss: For what?
- Thomas J. Sennett: Well, if you don't get to marry Mr. Bixler.
- Vada Sultenfuss: I guess.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: I love the fragrance of vintage books.
- Nick Zsigmond: I love the fragrance of chili dogs.”
“My fears and secrets: I'm afraid I killed my mother.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: I want to be a writer. I want to be just like you.
- Alfred Beidermeyer: Hmph. Me? My dear, this is not a country that rewards poetry. This is a country that rewards gas mileage. Besides, people don't read poetry anymore; they watch television.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: California. I'm going to Hollywood to live with the Brady Bunch.
- Thomas J. Sennet: I wanna live with them too.
- Vada Sultenfuss: No, you can't. They have enough kids. You'll have to live with the Partridge Family.
- Thomas J. Sennet: Really?!”
“- Beth Easton: Just how dumb do you think I am?
- Jody Salerno: Dumb enough to let a lizard crawl up your leg. And dumb enough to look!”
“- Vada: If I get married, I'll never change my name.
- Nick Zsigmond: Why? You think the guy should change his name?
- Vada: I don't think anybody should change their names, that way you can't find them when you need them!
- Nick Zsigmond: What if you don't want to be found?
- Vada: Why do you argue with everything I say?”
“Remember our plan, keep your mouth shut.”