“Pirates of Silicon Valley” quotes(1999)
Plot – Steve Jobs and Bill Gates's lives seem closely connected. Jobs is the Apple founder, while Gates owns the Microsoft company. Their respective rise and competition are told by Steve Ballmer, Microsoft president, and Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder.
All actors – Noah Wyle, Joey Slotnick, J.G. Hertzler, Anthony Michael Hall, Wayne Pére, Sheila Shaw, Gema Zamprogna, John DiMaggio, Josh Hopkins, Gailard Sartain, Allan Kolman, Richard Waltzer, Harris Mann, Clay Wilcox, Marcus Giamatti, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Nordling, Marc Worden, Kelly Mullis, Rene Rivera, Rod Roeser, Lynne Marie Stewart, Nikita Ager, Brian Gattas, Paul Popowich, Doug Cox, Michael Francis Clarke, Michael Bryan French, Gerald McCullouch, Tammy Brady Conrad, Allan Royal, Bodhi Elfman, Holly Lewis, Robert Daniel Phelps, Brian Lester, Michael Chieffo, Wanda Christine, Karl Wiedergott, Brooke Radding, Kitty Swink, Alexander Enberg, Cardella Di Milo, Robert Pierce, Sherman Ferguson, Louie Spears, Louis Taylor, J.J. Cohen, Grady Hutt, Michael Laren, Dean Chambers, Diane Robin, Nicholas Wildeshow all
“Pirates of Silicon Valley” Quotes 24 quotes
“Good artists copy, great artists steal.”
“I never had a problem with the Altair - 'til I tried to use it!”
“Maybe in a past life I was a poet - or an artist.”
“All the respectable, straight-arrow guys were busy doing what they always do, which is be respectable. Which meant the rest of us could run around acting like crazies, which is what we did best. I miss those days.”
“You say this gadget of yours is for ordinary people. What on earth would ordinary people want with computers?”
“I am so sick of your abusiveness. That's all you know. Tearing people down, throwing tantrums. You miserable son of a bitch.”
“- Bill Gates: I think I had a date tonight with Ann.
- Ballmer: I thought she was away on business.
- Bill Gates: She is.
- Ballmer: Then how can you have a date?
- Bill Gates: Well, I go to a moviehere, and then she goes to the same movie in Denver, and then we talk on the phone about it afterwards.
- Ballmer: Jeez Bill, I hate to see what...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All I'm doing now is being a brake pedal for you as you're heading for the wall.”
“Maybe fun is just fragments of existence with better packaging.”
“- Mike Markkula: Steve Wozniak's employee number one, you're number two.
- Steve Jobs: Wait a minute. I'm employee number one. Woz?
- Steve Wozniak: Doesn't matter to me.
- Steve Jobs: I'm employee number one around here.
- Mike Markkula: I'm not saying anything. I wasn't implying anything.
- Steve Jobs: All right, then I'll be zero. Woz, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Steve Jobs: I don't want you to think of this as just a film - some process of converting electrons and magnetic impulses into shapes and figures and sounds. No. Listen to me. We're here to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise, why even be here? We're creating a completely new consciousness, like an artist or poet. That's how you have to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Steve Jobs: This is like doing business with a praying mantis. You get seduced, and then eaten alive afterwards?
- Bill Gates: Get real, would ya? You and I are both like guys who had this rich neighbor - Xerox - who left the door open all the time. And you go sneakin' in to steal a TV set. Only when you get there, you realize that I got there...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is amazing. Not just amazing, it's historic. It should be taught in all the history books. Hung and framed in the National Gallery or something, because this is the instant of creation of one of the greatest fortunes in the history of the world.”
“I've always wondered what it was like for Steve. Ever since we were kids, everything he ever did was somewhere between a religious experience and some sort of crusade.”