“Some Like It Hot” quotes(1959)
Plot – Joe and Jerry are two professional musicians. Involuntarily, they witness a massacre and to escape the murderers they find a job in an only women orchestra. Things will be very difficult because they both fall in love with Sugar Kandinsky, a beautiful ukulele musician. When they are in Florida for a tournee, an old billionaire falls in love with one of them.
All actors – Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, George Raft, Pat O'Brien, Joe E. Brown, Nehemiah Persoff, Joan Shawlee, Billy Gray, George E. Stone, Dave Barry, Mike Mazurki, Harry Wilson, Beverly Wills, Barbara Drew, Edward G. Robinson Jr., Sam Bagley, Al Breneman, Ted Christy, Marian Collier, Pat Comiskey, James Dime, Joan Fields, Duke Fishman, Mary Foley, Paul Frees, Jack Gordon, Joe Gray, Harold 'Tommy' Hart, Ted Hook, John Indrisano, Tom Kennedy, George Lake, John Logan, Tiger Joe Marsh, Jack Mather, Jack McClure, Penny McGuiggan, Laurie Mitchell, Colleen O'Sullivan, Joe Palma, Helen Perry, Danny Richards Jr., Scott Seaton, Fred Sherman, Carl Sklover, Bert Stevens, Arthur Tovey, Ralph Volkie, Tito Vuolo, Sandra Warner, Billy Wayne, Grace Lee Whitneyshow all
“Some Like It Hot” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Isn't water polo terribly dangerous?
- Junior: I'll say. I had two ponies drowned under me.”
“- Jerry: We can't get married at all.
- Osgood Fielding III: Why not?
- Jerry: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
- Osgood Fielding III: Doesn't matter.
- Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
- Osgood Fielding III: I don't care.
- Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's not how long you wait, it's who you're waiting for.”
“Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.”
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: I met one of them.
- Joe: One of whom?
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Shell Oil Junior. He's got millions, he's got glasses, he's got a yacht!
- Joe: You don't say.
- Jerry: He's not only got a yacht, he's got a bicycle!”
“Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!”
“Look how she moves! That's just like Jell-O on springs.”
“Men who wear glasses are so much more gentle, sweet and helpless.”
“- Joe: What are you worried about? This job is going to last a long time.
- Jerry: Well, suppose it doesn't?
- Joe: Jerry, boy, why do you have to paint everything so black? Suppose you got hit by a truck. Suppose the stock market crashes. Suppose Mary Pickford divorces Douglas Fairbanks. Suppose the Dodgers leave Brooklyn!”
“- Joe: You're not a girl! You're a guy! And why would a guy wanna marry a guy?
- Jerry: For security!”
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: I come from this musical family. My mother is a piano teacher and my father was a conductor.
- Joe: Where did he conduct?
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: On the Baltimore & Ohio.”
“Well, nobody's perfect.”
“- Junior: Syncopators. Does that mean you play that very fast music... jazz?
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Yeah, real hot.
- Junior: I guess some like it hot. I personally prefer classical music.”
“You don't know what they're like. You fall for them and you really love them you think this is gonna be the biggest thing since the Graf Zeppelin and the next thing, you know, they're borrowing money from you and spending it on other dames and betting on horses.”
“I wanna be loved by you, just you, nobody else but you.”
“- Osgood Fielding III: I am Osgood Fielding the Third.
- Daphne: I'm Cinderella the second.”
“You know I’m gonna be 25 in June? That’s a quarter of century… it makes a girl think.”
“One morning you wake up, the guy is gone, the saxophone's gone, all that's left behind is a pair of old socks and a tube of toothpaste, all squeezed out. So you pull yourself together. You go on to the next job, the next saxophone player. It's the same thing all over again. You see what I mean?”
“- Junior: Look, if all you're interested in is whether I am married or not...
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Oh, I'm not interested at all.
- Junior: Well, I'm not.
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: That's very interesting!”