“The Abyss” quotes(1989)
Plot – The divers of an underwater base have to retrieve a damaged nuclear submarine. Bud, decisive man of great experience, is their leader. Due to the peculiar nature of the mission, he is helped by Lindsey Brigman, an engineer designer of the base who, however, is also his ex-wife. Coffey joins them, a psychotic naval officer. Together they discover strange beings at the bottom of the abyss.
All actors – Ed Harris, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Michael Biehn, Leo Burmester, Todd Graff, John Bedford Lloyd, J.C. Quinn, Kimberly Scott, Captain Kidd Brewer Jr., George Robert Klek, Christopher Murphy, Adam Nelsonshow all
“The Abyss” Quotes 19 quotes
“These guys are about as much fun as a tax audit.”
“It's not easy being a cast-iron bitch. It takes discipline, and years of training... a lot of people don't appreciate that.”
- Lisa "One Night" Standing: This tell us how much radiation we're getting?
- Alan "Hippy" Carnes: Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I'm not going near no radiation. No way.
- Catfish De Vries: Aw Hippy, you pussy.
- Alan "Hippy" Carnes: Yeah, what good is the money, six months later your dick drops off?
“Oh, God, I wish you'd been there. It was a machine. It was a machine, but it was alive. It was like a... like a dance of light. Please. You have to trust me. Now, I don't think they mean us any harm. I don't know how I know that. It's just... a feeling.”
“When it comes to the safety of these people, there's me and then there's God, understand?”
“You remember that time - you were pretty drunk, you probably don't remember - but the power went out in that little apartment we had on Orange Street? We were staring at that one little candle, and I, I said something really dumb like, that candle was me, and like every one of us is out there alone in the dark in this life.”
“- Lindsey Brigman: I got over four years invested in this project.
- Bud Brigman: Yeah, you only had three years invested in me.
- Lindsey Brigman: Well you have to have priorities.”
“Howdy. Uh... how are you guys doing?”
“- Lt. Coffey: Let's get something straight. You people are under my authority.
- Catfish De Vries: Look, partner, we don't work for you. We don't take orders from you. And we don't much like you.”
“I saw these things. I touched one of them. And... it wasn't some clunky steel can... like we would build. It glided. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.”
- Bud Brigman: Hippy, you think everything is a conspiracy.
- Alan "Hippy" Carnes: Everything is.
“We all see what we want to see. Coffey looks and he sees Russians. He sees hate and fear. You have to look with better eyes than that.”
- Bud Brigman: God, I hate that bitch.
- Alan "Hippy" Carnes: Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh?
“- Lt. Coffey: The M.I.R.V. is a tactical nuke. Uh, fifty kilotons, nominal yield, say... five times Hiroshima.
- Lindsey Brigman: Jesus Christ. It's world war three in a can.”
“The bad news is we got eight hours in this can blowing down... and the worse news is, it's gonna take us three weeks to decompress later.”
“When you're hanging on by your fingernails, you can't go waving your arms around.”