“Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country” quotes(1991)
Plot – The planet of the Klingons has been fighting the Earth for 25 years and is now close to an ecological catastrophe. Its inhabitants decide to lay their weapons down and to seek help. The crew of the Enterprise rushes to their aid. Two hitmen kill the Chancellor Gorkon, but Dr. Spock and Captain Kirk are accused and, after a trial, they are sentenced to hard labor. Once they are saved by the crew, they discover a traitor on board. The references to the end of the Cold War and Shakespeare’s quotes are interesting.
All actors – William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Kim Cattrall, Mark Lenard, Grace Lee Whitney, Brock Peters, Leon Russom, Kurtwood Smith, Christopher Plummer, Rosanna DeSoto, David Warner, John Schuck, Michael Dorn, Paul Rossilli, Robert Easton, Clifford Shegog, William Morgan Sheppard, Brett Porter, Jeremy Roberts, Michael Bofshever, Angelo Tiffe, Boris Lee Krutonog, Christian Slater, Iman, Tom Morga, Todd Bryant, John Bloom, Jim Boeke, Carlos Cestero, Edward Clements, Katie Johnston, Doug Engalla, Matthias Hues, Darryl Henriques, David Orange, Judy Levitt, Shakti Chen, Michael Snyder, Rene Auberjonois, John Beck, Barron Christian, Douglas Dunning, Trent Christopher Ganino, James Mapes, Alan Marcus, Douglas Price, Eric A. Stillwell, J.D. Waltersshow all
“Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country” Quotes 29 quotes
- Captain Spock: If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell". If I were human.
- Commander Pavel Andreievich Chekov: Course heading, Captain?
- Captain James T. Kirk: Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
“This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no one has gone before.”
“Is it possible that we two, you and I, have grown so old and so inflexible that we have outlived our usefulness?”
“- Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: They don't prosecute people for having feelings.
- Commander Pavel Andreievich Chekov: Just as well, or we'll all have to turn ourselves in.”
“In space, all warriors are cold warriors.”
“- Martia: You're Kirk and McCoy, I presume.
- Captain James T. Kirk: How did you know that?
- Martia: We don't get many presidential assassins.”
Be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends".
“- Cmdr. Nyota Uhura: We have lost all contact with the Captain and Dr. McCoy.
- Captain Spock: Yes, at the moment, they are surrounded by a magnetic shield. However, if I know the Captain, by this time, he is deep into planning his escape.”
“You're a great one for logic. I'm a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread. We are both extremists. Reality has brought us somewhere in-between.”
“- Martia: Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place, Captain.
- Captain James T. Kirk: Anything you want to tell me?”
“Let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily mean we must do that thing.”
“- Captain James T. Kirk: Spock, you want to know something? Everybody's human.
- Captain Spock: I find that remark... insulting.”
“- Captain James T. Kirk: We didn't kill Gorkon!
- Martia: Of course not. But there is a reward for your death.
- Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: That figures.”
Some people think the future means the end of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet. Your father called the future "the undiscovered country". People can be very frightened of change.
“- Lieutenant Valeris: We must inform Starfleet Command.
- Captain Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott: Inform them of what? A new weapon that is invisible? Raving lunatics, that's what they'll call us. They'll say we're so desperate to exonerate the Captain we'll say anything.
- Captain Spock: And they would be correct. We have no evidence, only a theory...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott: They don't place the same value on life as we do, Spock. You know that. Mark my word, she did not shed one bloody tear.
- Captain Spock: Hardly conclusive, Mr. Scott, since Klingons have no tear ducts.”
“If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.”
“What we require now is a feat of linguistic legerdemain and a degree of intrepidity before the Captain and Dr. McCoy freeze to death.”
“- Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: What is it with you, anyway?
- Kirk: Still think we're finished?
- Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Now, more than ever!”