“The Breakfast Club” quotes(1985)
Plot – March 1984, Saturday: five teenagers, three boys and two girls, high school students in Chicago, are having a detention in the school’s library. Richard is the teacher charged to supervise them. He assigns them an essay to drive away the time: "Who am I?". Hours pass and the kids end up to know each other. After some tiffs and bickers, they think of and compare their lives.
All actors – Emilio Estevez, Paul Gleason, Anthony Michael Hall, John Kapelos, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Perry Crawford, Mary Christian, Ron Dean, Tim Gamble, Fran Gargano, Mercedes Hall, John Hughesshow all
“The Breakfast Club” Quotes 23 quotes
“- Claire Standish: You know, you look a lot better without all that black shit under your eyes.
- Allison Reynolds: Hey, I like all that black shit... Why are you being so nice to me?
- Claire Standish: Because you're letting me.”
“- Andrew Clark: Oh, I have problems?
- Allison Reynolds: You do everything everyone tells you to do and that is a problem.
- Andrew Clark: Okay, fine, but I didn't dump my purse out on the couch and invite everyone into my problems.”
“- Andrew Clark: What happened to you?
- Allison Reynolds: Why? Claire did it... What's wrong?
- Andrew Clark: Nothing's wrong... it's just so different, you know? I can see your face.
- Allison Reynolds: Is that good or bad?
- Andrew Clark: It's good.”
“- John Bender: Sushi?
- Claire Standish: Rice, raw fish, and seaweed.
- John Bender: You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth, and you're going to eat that?
- Claire Standish: Can I eat?
- John Bender: I don't know. Give it a try.”
“The bizarre thing is that I did it for my old man. I tortured this poor kid because I wanted him to think that I was cool. He's always going off about how when he was in school and all the wild things he used to do. And I got the feeling that he was disappointed that I never cut loose on anyone, right?”
“- Andrew Clark: What do you need a fake I.D. for?
- Brian Johnson: So I can vote.”
“- Brian Johnson: You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...
- Andrew Clark: And an athlete...
- Allison Reynolds: And a basket case...
- Claire Standish: A princess.”
“We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.”
“- Claire Standish: Why didn't you want me to know that you are a virgin?
- Brian Johnson: Because it's my business, my personal business.
- John Bender: Well, Brian, it doesn't sound like you're doing any business.”
“Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.”
“Stupid, worthless, no good, goddamn, freeloading son of a bitch. Retarded, big mouth, know-it-all, asshole, jerk.”
“I'm not a winner because I want to be one. I'm a winner because I've got strength and speed... kinda like a racehorse. It's about how involved I am in what's happening to me.”
“I have just as, many feelings as you do and it hurts so much when someone steps all over them.”
“- John Bender: What do you guys do in your club?
- Brian Johnson: Well, in physics we... we talk about physics, properties of physics.
- John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?”
“- Richard Vernon: What did you wanna be when you were young?
- Carl: When I was a kid, I wanted to be John Lennon.”
“- Claire Standish: You know why guys like you knock everything?
- John Bender: Oh, this should be stunning.
- Claire Standish: It's because you're afraid.”
“- Allison Reynolds: Your middle name is Ralph, as in puke, your birth date's March 12th, you're 5'9 and a half, you weigh 130 pounds and your social security number is 049380913.
- Andrew Clark: Wow. Are you psychic?
- Allison Reynolds: No.
- Brian Johnson: Well, would you mind telling me how you know all this about me?
- Allison Reynolds: I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Andrew Clark: Why do you have to insult everybody?
- John Bender: I'm being honest, asshole. I would expect you to know the difference.”