“Planes, Trains & Automobiles” quotes(1987)
Plot – After spending some days in New York City on a business trip, Neal Page has to come back home in Chicago for Thanksgiving. His wife, his two children, his parents and his in-laws are waiting for him, but a snowstorm blocks the airport and many flights are canceled. Page reluctantly decides to fly to Wichita, but before getting home safely, the man has to overcome uncertain flights, broken trains, cars that go on fire, robberies and sleepless nights in minor hotels. What's more, Page meets Del Griffith, a nosy, gadfly but generous sales representative who is travelling to Chicago too.
All actors – Steve Martin, John Candy, Laila Robins, Michael McKean, Dylan Baker, Carol Bruce, Olivia Burnette, Diana Douglas, Martin Ferrero, Larry Hankin, Richard Herd, Susan Kellermannshow all
“Planes, Trains & Automobiles” Quotes 17 quotes
“You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- State Trooper: What the hell are you driving here?
- Del Griffith: We had a small fire last night, but we caught it in the nick of time.
- State Trooper: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
- Del Griffith: Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Neal Page: Let me close this conversation by saying that you are one unique individual.
- Del Griffith: Unique... what's that, Latin for "asshole"?
“- Neal Page: Del... why did you kiss my ear?
- Del Griffith: Why are you holding my hand?
- Neal Page: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
- Del Griffith: Between two pillows...
- Neal Page: Those aren't pillows!”
“- Neal Page: What do you think? You think this is a good combination?
- Del Griffith: No, probably not.”
- Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement?
- Neal Page: I threw it away.
- Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.
- Neal Page: "Oh boy", what?
- Car Rental Agent: You're fucked!
“- Car Rental Agent: [cheerfully] Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?
- Neal Page: Yes.
- Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?
- Neal Page: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosey, fucking, cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Neal Page: What do you think the temperature is?
- Del Griffith: One.”
“If they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?”
“- Neal Page: He says we're going the wrong way...
- Del Griffith: Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?”