“Body Heat” quotes(1981)
Plot – Ned Racine is a lawyer in Miranda Beach, Florida. He is strongly attracted to a woman he has met by chance, Matty Walker, who returns his attentions. More meetings follow the first one. Matty's husband, Edmund, a rich clever businessman runs businesses that are not always legit. Matty, who grows closer and closer to Ned, understands that if their relationship were to be discovered they would run serious risks. Skillfully she brings Ned to the conclusion that the only way to be safe is to physically get rid of Edmund.
All actors – William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, Richard Crenna, Ted Danson, J.A. Preston, Mickey Rourke, Kim Zimmer, Jane Hallaren, Lanna Saunders, Carola McGuinness, Michael Ryan, Larry Marko, Deborah Lucchesi, Lynn Hallowell, Thom Sharp, Ruth Thom, Diane Lewis, Robert Traynor, Meg Kasdan, Ruth P. Strahan, Filomena Triscari, Bruce A. Lee, Ramiro Velasco, Tomas Choy, Servio T. Morenoshow all
“Body Heat” Quotes 16 quotes
“Sometimes the shit comes down so heavy I feel like I should wear a hat.”
“- Peter: I think I've underestimated you, Ned. I don't know why it took me so long. You've started using your incompetence as a weapon.
- Ned: My defense was evolving.”
“- Matty: Would you get me a paper towel or something? Dip it in some cold water.
- Ned: Right away. I'll even wipe if off for you.
- Matty: You don't want to lick it?”
“Some men, once they get a whiff of it, they trail you like a hound.”
“- Ned: How's the cop business, Oscar?
- Oscar: Real good. Always starts hopping in weather like this. When it gets this hot, people try to kill each other.”
“- Ned: I like this place; it's got a nice feel.
- Matty: You were on top.
- Ned: So it could use a better mattress. See to it, will you?
- Matty: Yes, sir.”
“I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna fuck up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius.”
“- Edmund Walker: He didn't have the goods, this guy. He was like a lot of guys you run into - they want to get rich, they want to do it quick, they want to be there with one score. But they're not willing to do what's necessary. Do you know what I mean?
- Ned: I'm not sure. You mean, lay the groundwork? Earn it?
- Edmund Walker: No. I mean do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ned: Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.
- Matty: This is a blouse and a skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.
- Ned: You shouldn't wear that body.”
“- Matty: My temperature runs a couple of degrees high, around a hundred. I don't mind. It's the engine or something.
- Ned: Maybe you need a tune up.
- Matty: Don't tell me. You have just the right tool.”
“- Oscar: Whatcha got for pie today, Stella?
- Stella: I got cherry, cherry and cherry.
- Oscar: Well, what do you recommend?
- Stella: I like the cherry.
- Oscar: Bring it on.”